Deanaland

Monday, April 02, 2007

RIP, Spring Break

We mostly stuck around here for spring break, except for Thursday, when we took a day trip to Blanchard Springs Caverns. Chad put some pictures on his blog last week, but that's not going to stop me from putting more here.
Check out this dogwood! It's right outside the Blanchard Springs Caverns visitors center (which is very retro-1960s. I loved it.) Dogwoods and wisteria are all over the place right now, making me feel a little better about missing spring in southeast Texas. And I have to say... the wisteria here puts Texas wisteria to shame. T've seen 30-foot tall trees here completely covered in the stuff.




And now for some spring break math. Julia ...






plus this lovely spring near the caverns...






...equals Julia riding home in wet pants.
That water was quite chilly, she said. By the way -- her scooter injuries are healing quite nicely.
I just like this picture because it shows off Jenna's pretty blue eyes.

On the way home, we stopped at Stonebrook Fudge Factory in Mountain View and met this cool older guy who does nothing but make fudge all day. He gave us lots of free samples and didn't seem to mind Julia walking around in his store in wet pants. We bought fudge, taffy and some other stuff and headed home. Go to Stonebrook's website to see all the kinds of fudge they have at www.stonebrookfudge.com. They ship anywhere in the world. Which means you can send me some!
This weekend, we're going to Hot Springs.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Apr 02, 06:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Blanchard springs. We went there when I was growing up and I have since taken my family now that I am the mom. It's beautiful and Mountain View is such a neat little town...

    Did your trip involve any carsickness? Mine involved my middle child (6 at the time) taking a flying leap out of the van door after hollering "pull over I need to puke". She managed to leap and hurl at the same time, Spiderman style. We have since nicknamed her "Superpuker" or "Vomit Girl" since she loves superheroes.

    Dramamine rocks!

    Laura

     
  • At Tue Apr 03, 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Susan - said…

    That Stonebrook Fudge looks yummy! I think I see a road trip in my future.

     
  • At Tue Apr 03, 08:25:00 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    What neat pics of the girls. The place looks like a really good place to visit too. We have been to places like that back when the boys were little. Of course we had to drive for miles, and miles, and miles, and...well you get the picture. I'm glad that you all live near such beauty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home