Deanaland

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Love of My Life #1


I decided to start a new blog series highlighting the loves of my life. You have to understand that the word "love" is being used quite loosely here, in most of the cases.

Love of my life #1 was Kelly Yancey. We were in the toddler class together at 3rd and Central Church of Christ in Lovington, New Mexico in the early '70s. I don't know what it was about Kelly, other than the fact that he was a cute little blond-haired kid who was, for the most part, potty-trained, but I decided that he was the one I should marry. Then I turned three and we moved away.

Years later, Kelly and I were freshmen together at ACU. I told him who I was and that I had had big plans for us at one time. Every time he saw me on campus, he'd put his arm around me and announce, "Hey everybody, this is my wife!"

Halfway through our sophomore year, Kelly left ACU, went home and married a girl named Kelly. So I suppose Kelly and Kelly Yancey are living happily ever after somewhere. I hope so. He really was a nice guy.

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Nov 27, 12:51:00 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Greetings and thanks! I am a missionary in East Africa. I connected to your blog from Mike Cope's and I have laughed until I cried. Your true confessions, article about Mom's going to the bathroom and TPing someone's house. All hilarious... Thanks for blogging..laughing has blessed me much this AM.
    Blessings--Cheryl

     
  • At Sun Nov 27, 05:31:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Thanks, Cheryl! God bless your work in Africa!

     
  • At Sun Nov 27, 07:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is going to be fun! cp

     
  • At Sun Nov 27, 03:12:00 PM, Blogger SG said…

    I remember Kelly Yancy!

    cp~I vote that when appropiate, you feel free to pipe in with "the rest of the story" in comments if Deana leaves something juicy out! :) Thhis should be fun! I would like to do this but two of my big ones read my blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home