Deanaland

Friday, March 16, 2007

Hangin' with Mom







I still can't figure out, with this WONDERFUL new Blogger, how to put pictures where I want them in the post. So I'm just letting you know that the above pictures have to do with something later in this post; I just can't get them down there where they go.
This week my mom came to visit for a few days on her way back to Houston from a conference in Baltimore. Mom was a big help: She helped me grocery shop with Jenna, she helped me pick out a window treatment for the living room and helped me catch up on laundry. (I had several big deadlines the week before we moved, and then I was very sick the weekend before we moved, so Chad and I ended up moving big trash bags of dirty clothes to the new house.) She also went with me to CBS (Community Bible Study) Wednesday morning, and to Refuge (our weekly teen event at our church) that night. Before she flew out yesterday, we hung out at Midtowne Little Rock (love the Williams Sonoma there. Not that I've ever BOUGHT anything, but still) and had lunch at Pei Wei. The restaurant was pretty crowded so we got it to go and walked down to the tables outside Starbucks and ate really good food outside on a nice Little Rock day. Then I took Mom to the airport and my dad greeted her in Houston wearing a suit (just for her, since he was off work yesterday) and holding a dozen roses. How's that for almost 44 years of marriage?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 16, 01:10:00 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    About the pictures ... with new blogger just highlight the entire line of text that is inserted into your blog and drag it to where you want the picture. When you publish, it should be where you want it.

    BTW, Mom visits are great, but GRANDMA visits are awesome! So say my girls.

     
  • At Fri Mar 16, 02:55:00 PM, Blogger Beverly said…

    oh my gosh..a suit and roses..soooo sweet..

     
  • At Mon Mar 19, 09:39:00 AM, Blogger Susan - said…

    I've been wondering about Pei Wei. So it is good? I'll have to try it sometime.

    How sweet of your dad!

     
  • At Mon Mar 19, 02:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been out for a week so here are my brief comments for the last 3 posts.

    My mom was born in Texas City. Lots of people she knew were affected by the blast. My grandma was driving into her father's driveway when the blast sounded, she thought she had hit the garage door.

    Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!! It was awesome hearing her voice again! and to rub it in that I kiss Pat. everyday. HA!

    The Pei Wei in Waco just opened, and I love it!! Patrick and I are going tomorrow. I like WS too, but I'm not sure how to use half the things in there, so I admire them and walk on.

    Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home