Deanaland

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday Trauma

Julia had her first major scooter accident today. She biffed it pretty hard and lost a big chunk of skin on her knee. She has several other scraped-up spots all up and down her legs. I had never seen that much of her blood all at once so it was pretty unsettling. I even had to run to the drugstore and get extra-big band-aids. I would post pictures, but if it grosses ME out -- and I'm her mom -- it would be a whole lot worse for you.

Jenna had a fun day, too. After cleaning out my purse, she decided to eat a pill she found in one of the pockets. (Which was wrapped in cellophane that I usually have trouble tearing into, but it was no problem whatsoever for my 2-year-old.) It was an AZO pill, which is for bladder infections. (Any woman who has ever suffered through one of those keeps AZO with her at all times.) We're pretty sure Jenna only got part of a pill down. She figured out pretty quickly how gross it tasted and spit out a pill that was still two-thirds intact. A call to poison control reassured us that she was probably going to be OK. She might pee neon orange for a few days.
We are back on soccer Saturdays now. Julia's playing Upward Soccer this time, which she played in Baytown and loved. She was excited to learn that a church here is starting it this year so we signed her up. Her team is the Lady Bears and their uniforms are really, REALLY orange -- about the color Jenna will be peeing for the next several days.
Jenna quickly lost interest in the game and amused herself at the nearby playground.

We got a lot of work done on the house over the past several days. Our house church met over here Sunday night for our house blessing so we wanted it to look really nice. We all had dinner and then members of our house church prayed blessings over our new house, which was so touching and another reminder of how much we love being part of this church family.

Living room,
Julia's room,
And Jenna's room.
And we even got our room, the one room we had completely neglected, in a lot better shape. And check out the nightstand -- I've had it since I was two!

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

  • At Tue Mar 27, 07:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You don't even know me...I started reading your blog from reading Mike Cope's blog...but I LOVE reading your blog...you are funny and interesting...and I just wanted to tell you a complete stranger in Texas loves keeping up with your sweet family...I promise I am not weird...went to Harding...(well okay a little weird) and I am an educator and you don't really have to know more except keep up the great work-with the kids-your church-your husband and making a few middle aged folks smile on random blogging expeditions. "living vicariously through your blog."LVTYB

     
  • At Wed Mar 28, 06:58:00 AM, Blogger jettybetty said…

    Your house looks great!!!

     
  • At Wed Mar 28, 07:27:00 AM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    LOVE the paint in your master bedroom!

     
  • At Wed Mar 28, 08:34:00 AM, Blogger Aggiema (Michelle) said…

    Your house looks really cute. Hope your daughter's leg heals up quick and does not effect her soccer game. I did not answer your question about Red Oaks Springs from a while back. I have got a few years on you, so I was done with camp and at A&M by the time you got there but still some great memories from those times!

     
  • At Wed Mar 28, 10:30:00 AM, Blogger SG said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At Wed Mar 28, 11:29:00 AM, Blogger sarahdawn said…

    You are a blessed mommy if the scooter accident yeilded the "most blood yet." Should have been here this weekend. Paris (who has had stitches twice - both head wounds in the left eyebrow) bounced her head of a wooden trunk. Fortunately the edge of the trunk was straight so the cuts were straight so they glued her together this time. Count your blessings........

     
  • At Wed Mar 28, 07:48:00 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    What a coincidence, I had to call the poison control center on Tuesday, too! My son decided that Cascade dishwashing detergent looked like a good snack. I looked down to find him licking his finger and going back for more (he had found it in the little flap on the dishwasher door). Thankfully, he didn't get enough in him to make anything happen!

    Your house looks great!

     
  • At Thu Mar 29, 02:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute house & kids! I too am a voyeur into your life and not a weirdo...Just a fellow Christian mom with a little blog time on her hands...

    Anyway - what color is the paint in your bedroom? I like it! I also dig the green walls - are you pleased with it... considering that color for girls' room.

    LDB

     
  • At Thu Mar 29, 07:09:00 PM, Blogger mom23 said…

    Poor girl! That sounds terrible!

    Your house looks amazing! I love the colors, the way you've decorated everything, and the fact that you already have stuff on the walls! What an inspiration.

     
  • At Thu Mar 29, 07:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What on earth could you blog on this page to be erased?

    Lynn

     
  • At Thu Mar 29, 08:26:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Hey, voyeurs -- keep on stalking me. It's great for my self-esteem.

    Lauren -- our OTHER call to poison control on Jenna was for some Cascade she ate about a year ago. She stuck her finger in and tasted it before I could grab her. She turned out to be fine, too. All I used to do was take a swig of Elmer's glue once in a while...why couldn't she just do that???

    LDB -- that color was on the walls when we moved in. It's sort of a forest green, I guess. It just happened to go with the comforter set we got each other for Christmas. It is a nice green, and you do have to be careful when choosing green paint. Thankfully, the previous owners knew what they were doing. The paint in Jenna's room (the light green) is Tinkerbell from Disney's brand of paint. It goes on more of a yellow-green but the yellow goes away as it dries. Now it reminds me of lime sherbet.

    Sarah Dawn -- yikes! I'm glad Paris is OK. Try keeping her encased in bubble wrap from now on.

    Lynn -- if you're talking about SG's comment, she deleted it.

     
  • At Sun Apr 01, 12:18:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    I am so impressed by the length of Jenna's hair! ME's isn't nearly as long and they were born the same month, weren't they?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home