Deanaland

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Marcia, my friend from way-back-when who I blogged about a few weeks ago, has a blog now. Go check it out at marcia-marcia-marcia.blogspot.com. You can find out her take on having a Brady Bunch name, plus what possibly could have happened in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere that inspired her to finally break down and get a cell phone.
And now for today's Target report. I went in this morning with the intention of looking at scrapbook stuff. I have all the pictures I need to make Julia's book of Baytown memories, I just haven't started on it yet. When we first moved here, I couldn't work on it because looking at the pictures and all the notes members of our former church family had written to her made me sad. But I think I'm all good with that now.
But on the way to the scrapbook aisle, I thought I'd check out the 75%-off clothes in the back of the store. I wound up in the fitting room having an out-of-body experience because a SIZE SMALL Isaac Mizrahi black dress fit me like a glove and was showing off body parts I forgot I had. I scored it for EIGHT BUCKS. (I'm telling you, the "S" on the tag is worth at least eight bucks all by itself.) I got it and a pair of pants (and a can of vegetarian chili) for a total of 16 dollars.
So I called Chad on the way home and said I have this hot dress and just need a place to wear it to. He said, "So get a sitter for tonight."
Let's recap:
- Target
- black Mizrahi dress
- 8 bucks
- SMALL
- date plans with hot husband
...all before 10:30 a.m. Not bad work if you can get it.
Don't forget Dr. Phil today! I'm taping it because I'll be retrieving kids from their respective schools.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Apr 12, 10:59:00 AM, Blogger marcia-marcia-marcia said…

    Thanks for the free publicity!! AND you have the photo of dear sweet Maureen McCormick that I've been looking for!!! (albeit only briefly looking or I probably would have found it myself).
    Have fun tonight!!!!
    Shall I knit you some lingerie???
    Marcia

     
  • At Thu Apr 12, 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    I bought my valentine's "little black dress" at Target. I've also discovered their jewelry as of late. Every time I wear the necklace I bought from there I get compliments.
    Oh, it's a beautiful thing. Target, we love you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home