Deanaland

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Look! No hands!

One of my favorite things to do when I'm supposed to be working is to google "worst album cover" and see what comes up. These have made the blog rounds before, but I found one featuring an artist who I don't believe has received the recognition she is due:
That's right, folks. "The Handless Organist."

I've never been one to find humor in someone's disability. What I find amusing here is the woman's name. Or lack of one. Why can't she just be "Myrtle" or whatever her real name is? Why highlight her lack of hands? That would be like calling Ray Charles "The Blind Guy Who Can Sing" or Def Leppard "The Rock Band with the One-Armed Drummer." Or if I were to pursue a singing career, I could be "The Girl with Fake Blond Hair who has Toothpick-Like Arms and Blood Sugar That Occasionally Crashes."

One thing I appreciate about "The Handless Organist" is how she shows that even getting caught stealing in Saudi Arabia doesn't have to stop someone from having a music career.

And think of all the money she saves on manicures.

Bad, BAD joke. I am so sorry.

What I want to know is why Ms. Handless never collaborated with this guy:
You could title their joint album "Give Us a Hand. Or Three."



7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home