Deanaland

Monday, December 18, 2006

Merry Early Christmas to Us

Chad and I decided to give each other a new comforter set for Christmas. Our other one was only a few years old but we were ready for something else. I decided to go not-too-girly and not-too-manly so we got a plaid set at Sears and then we stopped at Target for me to get some floral accents (valance and pillow). I think it's a good balance. I had to pick all this out in a hurry since Chad's mom and the girls were with us -- not to mention how INSANE the West Little Rock Target was on Saturday -- so I think I did a good job, considering.

Here I am right before our Christmas service last Sunday. The service opened with a short play that Julia was in, but halfway through it, she started feeling sick and I took her to Chad's office. About the same time, Jenna started acting awful, which is hard to tell from this picture:


So then I was in Chad's office with both of them and I thought, "Why the heck am I even here?" So we went home. I heard the service was really neat and a great blessing to everyone. I'm hoping next year I can actually see it.

I'm not writing anything this week. This is good since Chad's mom is here and taking care of her AND Jenna all day is pretty much a full-time job. Speaking of which, it's lunch time for everyone so I better run.

7 Comments:

  • At Mon Dec 18, 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    deja vu... I think that's our church building in that picture! Did some salesman go from community to community across the south back in 1960 selling these plans? Will our mansion in heaven be an A-frame with a hallway on either side? I enjoy your blog. Merry Christmas to you!

     
  • At Mon Dec 18, 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    I think it only looks like an A-frame in the photo. Our building is only 13 years old and it's never been a traditional CoC. My home congregation had the A-frame and burnt-orange carpet to boot. And everyone was so upset that I didn't want to get married there!

    Merry Christmas to you, too!

     
  • At Tue Dec 19, 08:06:00 PM, Blogger mom23 said…

    I love the comforter and pillows! We got our comforter a few years ago at Target and I'm ready for a new one. I wonder if its the same??

     
  • At Tue Dec 19, 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Hi Tracy -- the comforter actually came from Sears. The valance and deco pillows are from Target...their Waverly stuff.

     
  • At Tue Dec 19, 08:25:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Oh and Paige... Texas ALWAYS makes sense to me! I'm having a hard time listening to Norah Jones' "Lone Star" lately...

     
  • At Wed Dec 20, 09:54:00 AM, Blogger judy thomas said…

    Deana,

    Never stop writing--it is a delight in my day. You are looking great for the mother of two, by the way.

    If you are ever in Nashville, look us up.

    Judy Thomas

     
  • At Wed Dec 20, 12:37:00 PM, Blogger HW said…

    Your bed would look great in my living room, where I have red plaid and floral too. I love red. Love it, love it, love it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home