Deanaland

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pinnacle Mountain

My parents, the girls and I went to Pinnacle Mountain today. Pinnacle Mountain is a state park just west of Little Rock. The last time we were there was in June so the cooler weather made today's trip a lot nicer.
My dad and Jenna. Jenna wasn't much for sitting still for pictures today.

A walk in the woods.

I took this one. Pretty good, huh?

Julia inside the trunk of a massive bald cypress.

Julia started our hike saying she didn't want to go because a half-mile was too far to walk and she was going to get tired. A half-mile later, Julia said it was the best nature walk she'd ever been on and that she now wants to be a nature photographer when she grows up. She took about 75 pictures, including this one of the autumn-leaf-covered forest floor. I think she has potential.

"Jenna! Look at the camera! Come on, honey, look at Mommy! Please! Just for a second!"

More photo art by Julia.

Tomorrow we are having Thanksgiving at the home of some friends of ours. (One of them is veggie like me, so I'll be sitting with him at the turkey-free end of the table.) Chad will be with his mom's family in Lubbock. We will all be back together on Friday. Thanks to everyone for all your prayers, phone calls, etc. this week! And have a nice Thanksgiving.

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 22, 09:23:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Seriously, Chad -- you've got to keep your mom under control!

    We missed you, too.

     
  • At Thu Nov 23, 06:58:00 AM, Blogger HW said…

    My son is 15 and most of our snapshots of hime STILL look like that second one of Jenna. I've been saying he turns into a 2-year-old when it's picture time....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home