Deanaland

Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Veg Report

Eating out as a new vegetarian is always an adventure. Here is some wisdom I have gained over the past couple of weeks:

1) Taco Bueno WILL make a meatless Chilada for you. The key is to ask the employee who doesn't look grumpy.

2) Beware of the vegetables at Cracker Barrel. The cooks there like to hide meat in them. They call it "country cooking." I call it a conspiracy.

Here's a cartoon that, for some reason, made one of our church members think of me:

2 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 04, 03:17:00 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    Hey, Veggie Girl,
    Glad to see you are sticking with it. I'm impressed. Every time I go to Target I think about you. Your little Julia looked so adorable as a popcorn box. We miss you guys a lot, but so happy for you in your new place. Hey go figure we are going on the youth retreat to help out our friend Bill. Just like old times. Ha.
    I always like checking in on Deanaland.

     
  • At Tue Nov 07, 08:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Last night I got to go to Target by myself for once. It was, like, GROOVY...I hit every clearance endcap and found some good Dollar Spot stuff. They have some cool Hello Kitty things!

    Anyway, here's a c&p to a site where you can find some good food.

    http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/arkansas/little_rock/index.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home