Deanaland

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Thank Ewe

I'm proud to announce Keith Brenton as the winner of the Weirdest Comment Ever Posted on My Blog. Congratulations! He wins dinner with my family at his house.

The other day, Chad was grieving the special moments we will never share again now that I'm a vegetarian. "Like what?" I asked. "Like when you would order a barbecue plate and couldn't finish it," he moaned. So I guess what he's really missing are the special moments he shared with my leftover food. Somehow, he'll make it through.

From the oatmeal improvement department: Thank you to everyone for your ideas. I'll try some of them in the future. For now, my strategy is to find something really interesting on TV (there's always something on "E!") so I can get engrossed in it and forget what I'm eating.

Highlight of this morning: speed-shopping through Target with Jenna because we were out of food at home and I needed to get stuff for her lunch on the way to her school. In the checkout, Jenna got really excited and started waving at the guy behind us in line, saying, "Hi, PaPa!" I looked at the guy and he really did resemble my dad. As we were walking out, Jenna kept turning around and looking at him. I had to reassure her that he did LOOK like PaPa, but the REAL PaPa was actually in Houston. I think she understood. Or she went to school wondering why PaPa came all the way to Arkansas only for us to leave him at Target.

There are worse places to be left.

5 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 17, 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Shanta said…

    Deana- you're hilarious. Thanks for getting me through the work day!

     
  • At Tue Oct 17, 06:31:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    But I WAS there in Target ... just a short visit ... I wondered why Jenna was the only one who spoke to me ... Had to get back to Houston before there was time to tell you why I was there ...

     
  • At Tue Oct 17, 07:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would imagine that it would be some sort of a blessing at the Nall house to leave a family member at Target. Speaking of which, Chad and I went there for coffee today and I have to say, it looked pretty much like an over-glorified Walmart to me.

     
  • At Wed Oct 18, 08:56:00 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said…

    Are you serving oatmeal? I think everyone in my family likes oatmeal ... though you might want to have a hot dog standing by for my daughter in case I'm wrong.

    (I'm not making up that movie I mentioned, by the way. I saw it on some newfangled cable-tv movie network about a decade later. YEEEeesh. There should be a special movie rating for "creeps you out in a non-violent way" or something.)

     
  • At Wed Oct 18, 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    You left your dad in Target? You should've just told Jenna you were going to come back later to get him. {vbg} You could've gotten an extra trip out of that one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home