Deanaland

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy days are here again.

No more driving into West Little Rock to go to Target.

No more of Jenna mournfully saying "Tah-get not open yet" every time we drive by.

The new Target in Bryant, Arkansas, is open for business.

True to form, I've been there twice in the past 18 hours. I took Julia and Jenna yesterday, where we made our first official purchase of... Band-aids. Julia apparently got carried away on the monkey bars at school and has experienced her first really big blister. Today, both girls are in school so I went back. This time for diapers and Go-Gurt. (I will make an exciting purchase soon -- I promise.) It's really a nice store. Everything is new and shiny and the carts don't have that layer of gunk on them that you find at older stores. Oh -- and today they were handing out store maps with the little Target dog on them. I will forever cherish mine.

The only thing wrong with this brand new Target is that it hasn't been open long enough to have clearance racks. I don't think there's one little red sticker in the entire store. Oh, well. Like all things worth waiting for, it'll happen in its own good time.

And why stop at two Target trips in one week? Tuesday Julia was out of school for teacher conference day. So we took Jenna to her school and headed to West LR for a Target shopping spree. Julia needed some clothes for cooler weather and I had some gift cards that were burning a hole in my purse. Julia was so excited because we never get to shop without Jenna anymore. She tried on clothes and we settled on ...






...this shirt,





...this shirt,












...these jeans,



...and these pants (except in blue):



Yes, Julia's on a blue kick right now. She says it brings out her blue eyes. She's right.






Then it was time for lunch. I told her we could go anywhere she wanted to. I was thinking of a somewhat nice place since we would be able to eat without having to chase Jenna around. But Julia insisted on Sonic. I said, "We can eat anywhere in Arkansas' capital city. Why would you want to sit in the car and eat French fries?"

"Because that would make this the best day of my life," she said.

So there we sat in the car eating French fries and cheese sticks. The perfect end to a perfect day.

12 Comments:

  • At Thu Oct 05, 10:12:00 AM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    Does Julia still like to order and eat hotdog buns (without the weiner)? It always bugged me that they charged the full price even without the meat ...

     
  • At Thu Oct 05, 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    "Perfect day" makes me think of that song from Legally Blonde.

    How fun that the two of you had a mother/daughter day. That is special. You're a great mom for letting her go ahead and eat at Sonic :)

    I'm glad your Target is open!

     
  • At Thu Oct 05, 11:44:00 AM, Blogger markreeves said…

    Hallelujah. It's not just a girl thing, this Target addiction. If the SuperT down the street closed, I'd be forced to go to a mall or something. Ech.

     
  • At Thu Oct 05, 01:04:00 PM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    I love going to Target with just Gracie. We've gone the last 2 Fridays that Chris was off work after school(so he was home with Katie) and gotten snacks at the snack bar...good popcorn!

     
  • At Thu Oct 05, 03:51:00 PM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    I love that she still loves to be with her mommy.
    Makes me miss mine!

     
  • At Thu Oct 05, 03:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Emma and I went to Target w/o Aubrey Tuesday. She had strep throat and Target is soooo close to her doctor's office. We had the BEST time! Then I was a good Mommy and took her home to rest.
    CP

     
  • At Thu Oct 05, 04:12:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    CP -- in Baytown, we used the pharmacy at Target. I can't tell you how many times I tried on clothes with a triple-digit temp while waiting to get my drugs.

     
  • At Thu Oct 05, 04:38:00 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said…

    Well, phooey. Every time I've been in the West Little Rock Target, I've looked around hoping I'd see you and the little ones. Now you'll be spoiled in your own backyard.

    My latest acquisition at Target was a copy of Windows XP Upgrade for less than a C-note. It'll get a lot more expensive later on eBay - trust me!

     
  • At Fri Oct 06, 01:24:00 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    We spent 2.5 hours at our new Super T during Friends and Family night there. They had food (employees were walking the aisles handing out donuts, meat/cheese from the deli, apples, etc. . . plus they had a reception area), a clown, a couple different musicians. The kids didn't mind all the time there. . .especially because my brother entertained them in the halloween department! And they were doing the map thing too . . .the security guard was passing them out. . . I found that quite amusing!

    So glad you've got one close to you now! Don't know what I'd do without the red bullseye!

     
  • At Sat Oct 07, 08:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Deana, what in the heck is Go-Gurt?

     
  • At Sun Oct 08, 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Tina -- it's yogurt-in-a-tube that is easy to put in kids' lunches because they don't need a spoon to eat it.

     
  • At Thu Oct 12, 01:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So what's it like to shop in a nice, new, shiny-clean Target? With non-stinking restrooms, I presume. Seriously, at the Baytown store, I don't think they've swept or emptied the trash recepticles since I quit working there in July 2005...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home