Deanaland

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Road Trip in AR

Here are some of the fall colors I blogged about the other day. This is Sugarloaf Mountain in Heber Springs, where we spent last night and today. (I won't mention the incident that nearly caused emergency marriage counseling on the way to Heber Springs last night. It all turned out fine, and I'm going to forget about it and move on with my life because I would never dream of making a big deal out of whose fault it was.)

ANYWAY, we stayed at the lakehouse (which is really a river house, since it is on a river and not a lake) that belongs to some friends of ours from church. It was very nice and pretty and great weather and a nice break, since I personally have not spent a night away from our house since we moved here.

Here's Julia on the dock behind the lake/ riverhouse.

Jenna lovin' the Natural State.

The fine man I married.

Look at this tree! It's BRIGHT YELLOW! Outside the Heber Springs courthouse.

One more of the girls. Because it's my blog and I can.

9 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 11, 06:28:00 PM, Blogger AbbieCRAZY said…

    Ahhh, Heber Springs.... Been there, jumped off a cliff or maybe just a high rock.

     
  • At Sat Nov 11, 06:44:00 PM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    Beautiful pictures....of the leaves & the family!

     
  • At Sun Nov 12, 06:50:00 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I love the pics! Last year we went to Heber Springs with Paige & Bert and loved it. We even survived a 3-hour canoe ride...I'm sure the fly fishermaen were quite amused watching us.

    Do those trees make you miss the TX fall cycle....green to dead?

     
  • At Sun Nov 12, 01:37:00 PM, Blogger Nellie said…

    Thanks for the pics of the beautiful trees. Of course, the family pictures are great, too!

    The trees remind me of the actual seasons I enjoyed as a child growing up in Virginia. :-)

     
  • At Sun Nov 12, 06:04:00 PM, Blogger The Floydster said…

    I grew up in a suburb outside of Los Angeles and then went to college at ACU, so my experience of seasonal changes was not much. In LA it was from fire season in the fall to maybe some rain in the winter to smoggy summer, and you know the seasonal cycle or lack of in Abilene. My first real seasonal experience was in Conway, Arkansas when I lived there for about a year in the mid-1970s. I absolutely loved the autumn, and I miss Arkansas the most when it's fall. I'm back in California again and have been for moving on 3 decades, but I've never forgotten Arkansas in the autumn.

     
  • At Sun Nov 12, 06:04:00 PM, Blogger The Floydster said…

    I grew up in a suburb outside of Los Angeles and then went to college at ACU, so my experience of seasonal changes was not much. In LA it was from fire season in the fall to maybe some rain in the winter to smoggy summer, and you know the seasonal cycle or lack of in Abilene. My first real seasonal experience was in Conway, Arkansas when I lived there for about a year in the mid-1970s. I absolutely loved the autumn, and I miss Arkansas the most when it's fall. I'm back in California again and have been for moving on 3 decades, but I've never forgotten Arkansas in the autumn.

     
  • At Mon Nov 13, 12:28:00 PM, Blogger mom23 said…

    Great pics! I miss home. :(

     
  • At Tue Nov 14, 03:56:00 PM, Blogger Wade said…

    Believe it or not, Kelly and I are quite fond of "Hayber Sprangs", as the locals called it.

    Last year we rented a river house with Bert & Paige R. The highlight of the weekend was canoing on the Little Red. We had a lot of fun despite a couple of near emergency marriage counseling sessions of our own - apparently canoing is not an activity that brings Kelly and I closer together!

    My question that was never answered is how did Sugarloaf Mt. get its name?

    Great pics!

    W

     
  • At Fri Nov 17, 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Dina said…

    BEAUTIFUL FAMILY....and the Pics of the trees & lake, AWESOME!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home