Deanaland

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Can you tell me how to get...

Last night several of us went to Sesame's in Little Rock to celebrate the birthday of our friend Tracy. Sesame's is a very nice place where the servers dress in all black. They look like the people who change out the sets between scenes in a play. We had a great time and Chad and Jeff, one of the other ministers, decided to have a pepper-eating contest. I'm pretty sure they both lost.

You know, being a youth minister's wife can be trying. It requires patience, understanding and constant prayer. Like today. The youth group girls and I are going out to eat and then to the mall for Christmas shopping. Somehow, I'll manage.

TRUE CONFESSION: Jenna had a bath Thursday night and Chad put her Winnie the Pooh nightgown on her. Well, it's Saturday morning and she's STILL WEARING IT. Hey, life happens fast -- sometimes too fast for us to change our children's clothes.

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Dec 04, 01:47:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    That is very interesting about Jenna and her Winnie-The-Pooh outfit.
    Did I ever tell you about Bill, my roommate in college (Abilene, 1956)?
    He ran out of clean underwear and was too busy (lazy) to go to the Laundromat.
    So he wore his bathing suit as underwear for two weeks. Then he turned the suit inside out and wore it for another week.
    Don't let Jenna read this ... it might encourage her ...

     
  • At Tue Dec 05, 05:53:00 AM, Blogger Paul Fagala said…

    Don't look at Jenna wearing her pajamas for three days as being a bad thing! You're being resourceful and cutting out a step at night before she goes to bed! I wish that I could wear my pajamas for three days at a time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home