Deanaland

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sleeping is for wimps

I haven't been blogging this week because I've been up to my eyeballs in deadlines. I've slept maybe five hours since Monday. You know it's deadline time when you email your editor at 2 a.m. and he emails you right back. I have two interviews and another story to write tomorrow and then I'm done until next week.

Julia has become a Southern Baptist. At least on Wednesday nights. She's going to Awana at Geyer Springs Baptist, which is a big old honkin' church between here and Little Rock. Awana is kind of like Scouts except it is Christ-focused and co-ed. They wear little vests that they can sew badges onto. I wonder if they can earn a badge for "praying Jesus into your heart?" Hmmm... Anyway, several of Julia's friends from school are in Awana and Julia seems to really like it.

I just ordered our Christmas cards online from you-know-where. It was the easiest thing in the world and I just need to pick them up tomorrow. Which means I won't need to make up a reason to go to Target this week.

I was going to ask for a new toaster for Christmas because ours is from our wedding shower 13 years ago. But Chad said that was pathetic so I'm asking for a new comforter set instead. I tend to agonize over these decisions so I may post a few I like and let you guys vote on them.

6 Comments:

  • At Wed Dec 06, 04:27:00 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    My CoC kids have been going to AWANA for years. Only a slight amount of realignment has been required. They love it too. Because AWANA is on Tuesday, sometimes we count that as our Wednesday night church *gasp*!
    As far as the toaster, I was irrationally excited the year my BIL bought me a fancy-dancy four-slot toaster just like the ones in the hotels. Occasionally, we women are easy to please, so Chad, I'd take the easy way out on this one...

     
  • At Wed Dec 06, 05:29:00 PM, Blogger Vonnie said…

    My son married a Southern Baptist girl but they only went to a COC and then only when they visited us or we visited them in GA. When my grandson started school he was in a Baptist school and so now they are very involved in that church. My grandson, who is 9, loves Awana, and was even "Sparkie of the year" last year. I least I think that was the title. When he was in first grade we were visiting them and my husband didn't go with us on Wed night. When we got home he said "Grandpa, guess what? I asked Jesus into my heart tonight." My husband didn't understand what he said - not expecting that - and so he answered, "That's nice". My grandson said, "Grandpa, I thought you'd be more excited" Now at nine he is concerned that his cousin who is six is going to hell because he hasn't ask Jesus into his heart. He also has told my son he thinks he should be baptized because the Bible says he should. I think he has the makings of a preacher.

     
  • At Wed Dec 06, 07:28:00 PM, Blogger mom23 said…

    Why is it that I can't step foot in Target without thinking of you? Freaky for you to read, I'm sure. Freaks me out too.

     
  • At Thu Dec 07, 07:08:00 AM, Blogger SG said…

    I always think of you and CP when I go to Target. So who are you working for?

     
  • At Thu Dec 07, 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I'm pretty sure I know (and work for) the editor in question, and it's pretty much a known fact that he will respond quicker to your emails at 2 a.m. than at 2 p.m. I think it's his best working time. Me, not so much.

     
  • At Sun Dec 10, 06:36:00 AM, Blogger Beverly said…

    shhh..go to sleep sweet girl..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home