Deanaland

Monday, January 30, 2006

Girls Reflecting Glory

This past weekend, a group of us from church went to Girls Reflecting Glory at First Colony Church of Christ in Houston. Paige wrote about it here. This was our third year, and this was my favorite so far. The speakers and classes were great, and the organizers did an especially good job of making the girls feel really special. We took three 6th-grade girls, and it's always fun to see them so excited since they've never been able to go on these thing before. It was also wonderful that Michelle, one of our youth group grads, was able to come from Baton Rouge for the weekend. And I got to see Sarah, who was in our Kadesh group last summer, and fellow blogger Jenna, who has a beautiful name. Her parents must have been geniuses to pick that one out.

Anyway, it was a great weekend and one of the best spiritual boosts we get all year. I love the girls in (and who used to be in) our youth group and I don't always get to spend the time with them that I want to, being a mother of young children and all. So weekends like this are very special to me personally. I also got to connect more with the other adults who went.

Now it's Monday and I'm home with a healthy, active baby and a sickly, mopey 7-year-old. Back to real life!

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 30, 09:57:00 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    sorry you're feeling bad, Julia. Get lots of rest and watch a lot of tv!

     
  • At Mon Jan 30, 03:42:00 PM, Blogger jettybetty said…

    You go to Kadesh???
    That was probably THE best thing spiritually for all 3 of our kids--I love it! I would volunteer to be a counselor, but they have too many volunteers!

    I know a bunch of people at First Colony--it's a great church--this sounds like a wonderful program!

    Hope Julia is better real soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home