Deanaland

Monday, September 11, 2006

Up and at 'em

This morning Julia walked into our room dressed down to her shoes. This would have been great except it was ONE-FIFTEEN IN THE MORNING. "I thought it was time to get up," she said. Then at 6 a.m. she did the same thing. I had her take her shoes off and get in bed with us until 7. So today I am going shopping for a clock.

Which means I have to take Jenna to Wal-Mart. I dread nothing like I dread taking Jenna to Wal-Mart. She is really sweet and a lot of fun but public outings are just plain draining. She won't ride in the cart anymore. She likes to run around the store. The further she gets away from me, the happier she is. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a Wal-Mart employee ask in a very loud voice, "Where is your mommy?" I usually come home from such excursions needing a nap and probably some kind of narcotic. I find out tomorrow if a space has opened up for her at the MDO here. Oh, please, please, please...

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Sep 11, 01:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Walmart???I thought you only went to Target. My, how you have changed. I must be missing something. Oh,yeah, its the Nalls. Lois

     
  • At Mon Sep 11, 03:42:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    Just let Jenna run ... if she goes further enough she'll end up back with you ... the earth is round ... eventually she will make full circle ... just wait on her ... you'll see ... Good Grief ... how silly this sounds now that I've read it over ... well, at age 70, reckon I'm just a silly old man ...

     
  • At Fri Sep 15, 09:41:00 PM, Blogger Clarissa said…

    Strap her in the cart anyway! Then she can scream and people can glare at you. It's great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home