Deanaland

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dallas in the afternoon

Another cool thing about having cable again is that "Dallas" comes on right after Jenna goes down for her nap. I saw J.R. get shot today. Of course I know who did it, since I saw it when it aired 25 years ago.

A few things I never noticed about "Dallas" when I watched it as a kid:

1) Yankee actors doing really bad Texas accents.
2) How tacky the interior of the house at Southfork was.
3) How many grown men called their father "Daddy."

The thing I thought was the coolest about the Ewings when I was a kid:

They had a phone outside by the pool!

Oh... and Bobby was HOT.

One question: in that picture, what are they all sitting on?

6 Comments:

  • At Thu Aug 24, 07:52:00 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    They are sitting on the stump in the middle of the vast front lawn... don't you remember the stump?

    Every clarinet player in the sixth grade could play the theme from Dallas... "bwa-BWAAA, bwa-BWAAA, bwa-bwaaa bwa-bwa bwaaa-bwaaa..." They just don't make TV themes like that any more.

     
  • At Fri Aug 25, 04:22:00 AM, Blogger Jenni at talking hairdryer said…

    We always went to visit my grandparents on Saturday night because Dallas was on Fridays and Nana wanted to watch it uninterrupted!

     
  • At Fri Aug 25, 05:46:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Oh, yes. The Ewing family tree stump.I remember the episode where J.R. was coming at it with a stump grinder and the rest of the family chained themselves to it and cried, "No! Not the Ewing family stump!" I think it was the second most-watched episode.

     
  • At Fri Aug 25, 07:44:00 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    I always thought Angie Tiner looked just like Linda Graves, if not even more beautiful.

     
  • At Fri Aug 25, 10:41:00 AM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    Bobby Ewing was one of my first crushes. Right up there with Barry Manilow!

     
  • At Wed Aug 30, 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Chris Benjamin said…

    One question: in that picture, what are they all sitting on?

    Jock Ewing is sitting on Charlene Tilton's butt and Victoria Principal is leaning on . . .well, that's her secret.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home