Deanaland

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Happy Tax-Free Weekend!

Tax-free weekend -- every bit as festive a holiday as Christmas, if you ask me. The four of us hit Target in a big way today. We got the girls shoes, Chad some clothes, and I got (among other things) these really cool shoes...




...for only $9.99! Life is good.

Oh -- about all the Target comments. In Bryant, AR, where we are moving, they are building a brand new one. So yes, I think they know I'm coming.

My biggest source of stress right now (other than the fact that we are putting all our earthly possessions in a truck and leaving friends, a town, a church and schools we dearly love) is the fact that I haven't found a Mother's Day Out for Jenna yet. With the freelance writing I do at home, I really need a place for her to go a couple of days a week. She's on the waiting list at the Baptist church and the Methodist church won't take her til she's 2.5, which won't be until February. The other day I said, "If they only knew how cute she is, I'm sure she would get right in." Julia said, "Yeah, you should take her there so they can see how cute she is. And hope she doesn't smack anybody." No one knows Jenna's violent side better than Julia, that's for sure.

Here are some pics from our last Wed. night at Missouri St. CoC:

Julia and her Dorito hands.





I turned 35 that day and I'm STILL smiling.







I lost track of Jenna and found her in our preacher's office, surrounded by admirers and posing for pictures. That's our girl!

5 Comments:

  • At Sun Aug 06, 05:34:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    (Pssst! Kendra -- it's an excuse to go shopping and buy more than usual because it's tax-free. My husband falls for it every time.)

     
  • At Sun Aug 06, 07:10:00 PM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    Deana, Brenda and I went to our big outlet mall near the house. It was packed. But Ann Taylor was 70% off. It was seriously (almost) the best day of my life.
    Thought of you this weekend. Hope your send-off was great. We love you.

     
  • At Wed Aug 09, 06:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are younger than I was when I married for the first time...

     
  • At Fri Aug 11, 06:42:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Ha, I'm actually wearing those shoes right now! Love them.

    Not sure how I found your blog (maybe meandered my way from Mike Cope's blog?), but I really enjoy your writing. Good luck on your move to LR...I lived in Little Rock and in Searcy (50 miles north) most of my life and I hope you like it!

     
  • At Fri Aug 11, 12:48:00 PM, Blogger David Michael said…

    I had no idea you were so beautiful! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home