Deanaland

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Resurfacing


Since I last posted, we've packed up everything we own, loaded it onto a truck (with the tireless help of many of our Baytown friends), driven ten or so hours with two kids and a cat (a memory I'd like to permanently delete) and moved in (with the tireless help of many of our new AR friends) to our new house. After a hassle with UPS getting our new modem to us, we got back online last night. I also got Julia enrolled in school and I'm still looking for a Mothers Day Out for Jenna.

We live in a two-story townhouse, and for the first time, "upstairs" and "downstairs" are part of my vocabulary. ("Can you take this upstairs?" "I think your shoes are downstairs." "OK. One thing you girls cannot do is leave toys on the stairs. Now go get some ice for Mommy's ankle.") Julia has also discovered the fun one can have sliding down the stairs in a laundry basket. Guess I need to find out where the closest ER is -- just in case.

Here are some pics from our last Sunday at Missouri St. Church of Christ in Baytown:

This is Julia graduating from Bible Hour, or "KFC." (Kids for Christ.) It was a very nice ceremony and my parents and aunt and uncle got to be there.

My parents have been such great sports about us packing up their only grandchildren and moving out of state. Hopefully they'll start speaking to us again soon, or at least put us back in the will.


Our church in Baytown also put on a wonderful going-away party for us that night. We will never forget it.

It was incredibly hard leaving Baytown. In fact, I haven't talked to many Baytown people yet because I know I will cry and I don't people thinking I'm miserable here, because that's not it at all. It's just hard for home to all of a sudden not be your home anymore.

But we're looking forward to tomorrow, which will be our first Sunday at Little Rock Church, and I've already gotten some writing assignments from my magazines and Julia will be busy soon with school and soccer (if we can get her signed up for soccer.) And a brand-new Target just down the interstate is well on its way to being finished. Then my new life in Arkansas will be complete.

5 Comments:

  • At Sat Aug 12, 09:03:00 AM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    Glad you've arrived and are somewhat settled! Baytown will always hold great memories but Little Rock will soon feel more & more like home, I'm sure.

     
  • At Sat Aug 12, 11:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome home and welcome back to the blogging world!

     
  • At Sat Aug 12, 12:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We're so glad you made it safe. Give me a call w/ all the new info.
    CP

     
  • At Sat Aug 12, 12:27:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    Just in case we do decide to put you back into our will, what was that name again ...?

     
  • At Sat Aug 12, 07:30:00 PM, Blogger Nellie said…

    Glad to hear you made it safely. We'll miss you tomorrow, your first Sunday away from us, but we'll also be thinking of the wonderful oppotunities you have ahead of you.

    Hope that Target opens soon. Can't wait to hear about the bargains you find!

    Love to all of you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home