Deanaland

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Cable!

It's so exciting having cable again. We don't say we're going to watch TV now, or even a certain show. We just say "I'm gonna go watch some cable!" I'm telling you this so you will know that if you look up the word "pathetic" in the dictionary, you will find the words "The Nall family."

Because we have cable now, we have discovered The Creepiest Kids' Show Ever. It's called the Doodlebops. Remember H.R. Puffenstuff, the show that got cancelled because Sid and Marty Kroft realized the only people watching it were acid-heads who were still tripping from the night before? It's kind of like that. It stars three "people" (?) whose mothers apparently drank latex paint while they were pregnant because these three characters are completely unnatural colors. And they have a "rock" (?) band. (I wanted to post a picture of this weirdness, but Blogger hasn't been letting me do that.)

On a different note, I got my Arkansas driver's license the other day. When I showed it to Chad, he said (and this is an exact quote): "Hey! You don't look fat! And you don't look drunk, either!"

I have no idea what he meant by this. If you find out from him, please feel free to fill me in.

6 Comments:

  • At Mon Aug 21, 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Aggiema (Michelle) said…

    When we moved from VA back to TX, I had a horrible experience with the DMV trying to get my drivers licence and I have always called my picture on my licence my DWI photo. It expires next year, I don't know if they will require a new picture or not but here's hoping it is a better one. Those Doddle Bops are a strange group alrighty!

     
  • At Mon Aug 21, 10:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Doodlebops are the devil. I wrote an alternate season finale for them here:

    http://scottfreeman.info/2006/06/20/if-hollywood-wrote-kids-shows/

     
  • At Mon Aug 21, 10:33:00 AM, Blogger sarahdawn said…

    Paris will run screaming from the room if the Doodlebops come on.

    I recently had to get a new DL - lost my old one. I was horrified when I looked at the new picture and saw so clearly a grown woman staring back at me. Not only was it a grown-up, she looks to be a very, very tired one! When did that happen?!?!?!?

     
  • At Tue Aug 22, 07:52:00 AM, Blogger David Michael said…

    Don't forget to watch, "The Joys of Breastfeeding," on the Discovery Channel :).

     
  • At Tue Aug 22, 08:13:00 AM, Blogger Susan - said…

    We don't have the "High School Musical DVD, but we do have the CD, so we can listen to it all the time! Oh what joy. It is cute, but after a while I want to scream.

    Welcome to Arkansas! We went to Sonny Williams for our anniversary this summer too. Their chocolate creme brulee is to die for. I hope you enjoy Little Rock. I am also hoping you get a writing gig around here. (Conway has a start-up mag called "Women's Inc." They could use your sense of humor.

     
  • At Wed Aug 23, 03:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You all are lucky. I'm trying to juggle the budget so we CAN get cable!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home