Deanaland

Monday, August 28, 2006

Consumer report

Jenna and I ventured out to Wal-Mart this morning. Yes, I hate Wal-Mart but I live in Arkansas now so, "When in Rome..." and all that.

I feel the need to tell you about my latest discovery. I rarely get so excited about a new product (like I did when Chocolate Lucky Charms came out.) I LOVE Wish-Bone Salad Spritzers. They are water-based instead of oil and only ONE CALORIE PER SPRAY. Seriously, this product has changed my life. I may never buy regular salad dressing again. (Except for Thousand Island, which I'm sometimes tempted to eat with a spoon.)

This is Red Wine Mist, which is my favorite so far.








I've been intrigued by the infomercials for Bare Minerals, but I refuse to shell out $60 for it. (Cheap Deana strikes again!) So I got Neutrogena's nine-dollar version instead.
I'm still deciding if I like it. One plus is that it feels like my own skin instead of the layer of oil-slick that liquid foundation feels like. But I don't know about its promise of "sheer coverage." I don't think sheer coverage is what I need. I probably need coverage the consistency of wallpaper paste that won't let anyone see evidence of the birthday I just had. Oh, well. It might be a good thing. We'll see.

And now, a consumer tip from Jenna:
"When produce isn't on Mommy's shopping list but you want some anyway, just pick up your fruit of choice and take a bite out of it. Then she has to buy it. Mommy and I came home with pears, plums and apples that she had no intention of buying -- thanks to my quick thinking!"

8 Comments:

  • At Mon Aug 28, 12:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aubrey has that dress!! Target $4

     
  • At Mon Aug 28, 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Ha ha CP -- I got it at my friend's garage sale for FREE.

     
  • At Mon Aug 28, 06:42:00 PM, Blogger mom23 said…

    OK, I was just looking at those salad spritzers on Sunday and didn't really look closely b/c I just assumed they were gimmicky and overpriced. But I never thought about water based vs. oil based! I'll have to go give them a 2nd look! Thanks for the tip!

     
  • At Mon Aug 28, 07:40:00 PM, Blogger Wade said…

    Thousand Island with a spoon? I think this one needs a thorough explaination! You know we're talking about a concoction of primarily mayonnaise, ketchup, and a mixture of finely chopped vegetables - right?

    Side note: Got your envelope this weekend. I'll email when I'm done reading - thanks again!

     
  • At Tue Aug 29, 08:12:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Oops, Wade -- you just gave away the recipe for McDonald's Secret Sauce. You'll be hearing from their legal department.

    Thousand Island is one of those weird concoctions of random ingredients that tastes so good it's almost addictive. Especially the really thick kind they have at places like Luby's. Maybe it's a girl thing.

     
  • At Tue Aug 29, 02:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If this is in too poor of taste,no pun intended, please delete with my apologies - but I just have to comment

    I'm a little concerned that spray salad dressing has come out at the same time as KY spray lubricant - Yikes! Just be careful.(can't help seeing the commercials - they are on all the time).

     
  • At Tue Aug 29, 08:17:00 PM, Blogger David Michael said…

    How many snorts of the Red Wine would it take to get high?

    anonymous

     
  • At Wed Aug 30, 06:37:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Dear David "anonymous" Michael,

    I don't know, but I vow to find out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home