Deanaland

Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Our house, in the middle of... other people's houses"

And now for a tour of our new house. Well, it's technically a townhouse. And it's just new to us. But still. See the big "K" on the side of the building? That's our neighbor's house. Nice older guy named Luther. So the brown door you see just to the left of his place (partially obscured by that column-looking thing) is ours.

The townhouse is smaller than what we're used to, but we really like it. It takes less time to clean and the two-story thing is still a novelty. Plus the pool is really nice.

This would be our kitchen. It's really little, but that's kind of nice because when I'm cooking, pretty much everything I need is literally within arm's reach. That's the laundry room past the kitchen, and also our cat Spanky's bathroom.

The living room. Oh, I have a thing about sunflowers. They make me happy. So I put them all over the place. I also have them on the bar, in our bedroom and in our bathroom. I even wear Elizabeth Arden's "Sunflowers" perfume just because of the name. I kind of like how it smells, too.

Julia's room, featuring her new, ultra-cool loft bed! (Although I'm not sure how cool it really is, because I nearly killed myself changing the sheets the other day.) When I took this picture, I had just cleaned the room because my parents are coming to visit and -- trust me -- this room will never, NEVER be this clean again. So please, take your time and gaze at it. Take in the neatness. That empty space in the corner is to make room for my mom's bed, which is actually the lower bunk of the loft bed. We haven't set it up yet. Julia's stuffed animals and sports equipment (a monkey and a couple of soccer balls are visible in the picture) live under the loft bed.

I am incapable of having the entire house clean at one time. This is Jenna's fault and not mine. I have to let her mess up one room so I can clean another one. So I'll make this a series. Coming soon: Jenna's room! Our room! And maybe even our bathroom! (If you're lucky.)

5 Comments:

  • At Fri Sep 01, 04:54:00 AM, Blogger HW said…

    I've changed bunk bed sheets before but now I am at the other extreme. Our 15-year-old son has decided he does not want a bed frame. So he has his box springs and mattress on the floor. Somehow he says this give him more space....Anyway, changing sheets this way is also an adventure.

     
  • At Fri Sep 01, 11:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The bunk bed looks cool, but seriously - how do you change the sheets? That does not sound like a fun experience at all.

    SJ

     
  • At Fri Sep 01, 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    It's a strategic combination of keeping your balance while trying not to hit your head on the ceiling. I think we'll be teaching Julia to do this soon!

     
  • At Fri Sep 01, 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    I'm so jealous that you're able to wear Sunflowers perfume. I LOVE the scent but thankfully, I tried it on at the store before purchasing a bottle.

    After just a few minutes, something started to smell really strange. I thought for sure it was something in the mall and not me. Then my mom seemed to notice it, too. She turned to me and asked if the cat had peed on my clothes. Turns out that the cat was in the clear and my body chemistry just does strange things to Sunflowers.

    But I do still love to smell it...on other people.

     
  • At Fri Sep 01, 01:18:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Wow -- Tiffany, it's NEVER a good sign when someone asks you if an animal relieved itself on you. I've never heard of that before! It's a good thing you found out the way you did and not by soaking yourself in it before a date or something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home