Deanaland

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

My parents got here Friday and we've been doing our best to have the ideal Arkansas experience. So we had a square dance on our front porch.

(Just a little Arkansas humor, folks.)

On Friday night, we went to the hot spot of Bryant, Arkansas, society -- which is Larry's Pizza. This is the place that Lynn Cook, senior minister of Little Rock Church, calls his "second place of worship." Larry's has a buffet, a game room, and people who bring second (and subsequent) helpings right to your table so you don't even have to get out of your chair. My favorite of Larry's offerings is their cheeseburger pizza, which is complete with pickles and mustard.

Saturday we went to downtown Little Rock. We visited the River Market and then had lunch at Sticky Fingers. After lunch we spent several hours at the Museum of Discovery. It was all great fun.

Today, after church, lunch and a nap, we ventured into West Little Rock to Target. I bet our new church family had no idea I'd use part of the gift card they gave us to buy streetwalker boots, but I did. Aren't they cool? Hey, I hear they actually have winter here. I needed boots.



Plus every little girl needs metallic pink cowboy boots, so Julia is now the proud owner of these:


Mom and Dad go back to Houston tomorrow, and Chad is coming back from the youth group retreat. Then things are back to normal for a while.

5 Comments:

  • At Mon Sep 04, 06:49:00 AM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    YEAH! Another youth minister's wife with streetwalker boots. Now, to complete the look you have to be wearing those the day that your husband doesn't tell you that you will be going in front of the entire church to be prayed over. Although if we're wearing these, they might think we need to be prayed over. Wear 'em with pride.

     
  • At Mon Sep 04, 07:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i wrote to you while at baytown sun and really do miss you.if you get opportunity..please go to eureka springs and see the passion play..believe me ,it is a lasting
    experience!! we went to see it..also stayed overnight in Hot springs..there is a lot of things that Arkansas offers..It is a new world..like the caves that offer tours..i for one,do not like them but my husband ,Jimmy does.I just don't like underground...hope you adjust to your new life in arkansas!!Hugs! ellen&jimmy smith Dayton..tx...

     
  • At Mon Sep 04, 08:57:00 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Sounds like you're enjoying the weekend with your parents.

    All this time I've been to Arkansas, never heard of the Discovery Museum. I'll be taking the kids the next time we're there.

     
  • At Mon Sep 04, 05:00:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Sarah -- streetwalker minister's wives...UNITE! Seriously, I was thinking about you when I was blogging about my boots.

    You have emailed me several times and I haven't written back yet -- I'm so sorry! We had that whole move-out-of-state thing and it kind of scrambled my brain. I know you guys have been through a lot lately and I didn't want you to think I didn't know or care. I'm a bad friend...BAD!

     
  • At Wed Sep 06, 09:19:00 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    Love the boots. So you. :-) Wouldn't you know it...you leave and Baytown is getting an Old Navy. Oh well, I'm sure that Little Rock has one of those. I'm happy to have both Target and Old Navy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home