Deanaland

Friday, February 03, 2006

My day so far

By 8:30 this morning, these things had happened:

Jenna had thrown her cup down from her high chair, and before I noticed it, milk had poured out of her cup into the dark abyss under the refrigerator.

Jenna grabbed Julia's medicine cup, which still had a little in it, and flung sticky, pink droplets all over the carpet.

Julia took one sip of her bright blue Go-Gurt smoothie yesterday and threw it away. This morning, Jenna grabbed it out of the trash and went gleefully running around the dining room, shaking bright blue glops of smoothie onto the carpet. (At this point, I yelled, causing Jenna to cry and Julia -- still home sick from school -- to console her, saying "Did Mommy scare you?")

A few moments later, Jenna came running through the dining room clutching a piece of pizza from yesterday, also dug out of the trash. (Causing Julia to screech "JENNA CAROL!" Ha! Who's yelling now?) Now there's pizza sauce all over her pale yellow sleeper, and I don't know that she didn't take a few bites.

Now she's poopy and I don't care. At least that mess is contained.

7 Comments:

  • At Fri Feb 03, 08:35:00 AM, Blogger stuckinthe80s said…

    Careful! Our middle son was a big fan of filling his diaper...and then taking it off! Naturally, Robin would call me home, dress me in a Haz-Mat uniform, and send me into the fray. Ah, the joys of working two minutes from home...

     
  • At Fri Feb 03, 09:44:00 AM, Blogger janjanmom said…

    Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!!

    Of course you really pay if you don't!!!

    "Nothing more toxic than a child", sort of a quote from Monster's Inc.

    I hope the rest of your day goes better. I highly recommend curling up on the couch in a lump and watching a movie. OR leaving home, mess and all and going to let them burn off some steam at a park somewhere if it is pretty. The school police probably won't arrest you right away!!

     
  • At Fri Feb 03, 09:46:00 AM, Blogger SG said…

    Kolby has a stomach virus and eveidentlly went sleep walking as she puked last night. When I discovered her at 11:30 there wasn't a clean surface left in her room and she was still not truly awake. You can only imagine the clean up job I have been trying to do ever since. I will never eat another Wendy's chicken nugget with ketchup for as long as I live!

     
  • At Fri Feb 03, 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oy vey!

     
  • At Fri Feb 03, 01:33:00 PM, Blogger KentF said…

    You won't believe this....but...in just a very few days your mail box will be crammed full every day with letters from universities all across the US addressed to your daughters -- and then, they'll be gone - and your carpet will be really clean. This too shall pass, and not necessarily straight into the diaper.

     
  • At Fri Feb 03, 03:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You poor thing!

     
  • At Sat Feb 04, 01:08:00 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Bless you---I feel like I have been wiping Koolaid off of our tile all day. Do they drink this stuff or just pour it on the ground when I'm not looking?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home