Deanaland

Friday, February 17, 2006

Gala-ing

Tonight Chad and I get to get all dressed up for the gala benefitting Cornerstone Christian Academy, the school where my mom is the director. (It's also the school at First Colony Church of Christ.) And next weekend I am going to a local benefit for the Baytown homeless shelter. The shelter nearly closed down last year because of some financial mismanagement and the community has really come together to keep it open. There will be a roast of the editor of the paper I write for. Chad can't go, so I am going with my best Baytown girlfriend, Lois Snead, and her husband, Bill.

I know I keep harping on Target, but I have to say this one more thing. This Sunday, come home from church, put the kids down for a nap and get yourself to Target because all the Global Bazaar stuff is going FIFTY PERCENT OFF, BABY!

I learned this from my fellow addicts at Slave to Target, so if this turns out to not be true, it's THEIR FAULT.

6 Comments:

  • At Fri Feb 17, 12:30:00 PM, Blogger AbbieCRAZY said…

    I can't walk into Target without thinking of you! I was there the on Wednesday and got some great $1 gifts for our teacher birthdays. I love to read your stuff!

     
  • At Fri Feb 17, 07:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so I just got a bunch of way cool zebra stuff from "the 1 spot" and I got some cute clothes for Aurora on clearance. I'm desperately awaiting for the Luella collection to go on clearance, there's a few things I have to have! :-D

    ><>In HIM<><
    Michelle

     
  • At Sat Feb 18, 11:09:00 AM, Blogger SG said…

    I too can not help but think of you when I go to Target! You crack me up! So have you ever wondered if just maybe one can visit Target too often? :)

    I always liked the word "gala" though I never knew if I pronounced it right. Is it GAY-la or GAL-a?

     
  • At Sat Feb 18, 11:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The article you wrote a couple weeks ago, "Qualified Writers" Got an illustration in Time Magazine this week. I was reading through it, and noticed a beautiful cartoon of a book called "Baby Safety" by Britney Spears, Foreword by Micheal Jackson. NICE

    ><>Michelle

     
  • At Sat Feb 18, 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    SG -- I only go a couple of times a week. The people at slavetotarget.blogspot.com are a lot worse than I am -- they help me feel pretty good about myself!

     
  • At Sun Feb 19, 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Beverly said…

    Alas...I have to work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home