Fill My Cup
Here are some highlights from the weekend:
- Nearly freezing to death in Galveston. (When it's cold and windy there, it's REALLY cold and windy.)
- Going with Paige and Lesa to IHOP at 10:30 Friday night.
- Me asking our waiter "Are you from Texas?" and him replying -- "No, I'm from Russia" in a heavy Russian accent.
- Me having the honor of corrupting a group of women by introducing them to Bunco.
- A marathon game of Trival Pursuit -- Music Edition, with Wendy Schwartz and me against Emily Griffin and Paige. The game went on and on and at one point, Wendy called it a "downward spiral of death."
- Listening to Emily play her guitar and sing. She's a gifted musician and plays at several different venues around here. I got to write a feature about her for our newspaper a couple of years ago. She's a fascinating person and I'm glad I got to spend some time with her.
- Driving a van load of women to Galveston and back. It wasn't a whole lot different than driving the teens around ("Can we stop at Sonic?"), except they didn't leave a mess in the van.
- Spending time with women who I think so highly of but don't get to see much of because of our families, jobs, etc.
Now I just want to go back there with Chad. When it's a tad bit warmer. Making out on the beach isn't all it's cracked up to be when you're having to fight off hypothermia.