Deanaland

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back to Texas

This past Sunday, my BFF's mother-in-law Patsy passed away in Texas. (Patsy was also the mother of this guy.) Patsy and her husband Benny were all set to enjoy retirement, grandkids and a brand new house when she was diagnosed with a very advanced form of cancer this past June. She fought a brief and courageous battle with the disease and kept up an unbelievably positive attitude the whole way through. I'll be traveling to Austin this weekend for her memorial service. I hate the circumstances that resulted in my making this trip, but I am looking forward to seeing lots of old friends -- including Carol, who I haven't seen since we evacuated to their house during Hurricane Rita in 2005.

This also means I am leaving Chad alone with the girls for the weekend. So everyone please be extra nice to him.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Nov 20, 09:22:00 AM, Blogger KentF said…

    Hope your trip to a real state was good and uneventful. I'm largely posting here just to see if my blog update stuff works. Sorry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home