Deanaland

Thursday, December 20, 2007

How to Get New Clothes at Target


1) Be a three-year-old with a mommy who has to be somewhere in ten minutes.
2) Tee-tee on the floor.

Yep, we were in the toy section today when Jenna said, "I have to go tee-tee. Oh, no, I don't." That's when I saw the yellow puddle forming near her Strawberry Shortcake tennis shoes. So I went to one of those red phones and paged a Target associate to meet me. A guy who couldn't have been older than 18 walked up. "I'm afraid my daughter had an accident and I just didn't want anyone to slip in it." He asked, "Is it a spill?" I answered, "You could call it that." His eyes got very wide. I could tell he's not used to cleaning up other people's bodily fluids. I apologized and herded Jenna over to get her some pants, socks and panties so we could do a quick change in the bathroom before picking up Julia from school.

As aggravated as I was, it got me thinking. I imagined this conversation:

Chad: Where did you get that outfit?

Me: At Target today. I had to. I peed on myself.

Hmmm...this could be promising. Thanks, Jen!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 21, 04:58:00 AM, Blogger Wade said…

    Ha!

    So is the look on Jenna's face in that photo the same face she gave you when she said, "Oh, no I don't"? Because I don't think that will be the look 20-something-year-old Jenna will have when she reads this post!

    Great story!

     
  • At Fri Dec 21, 06:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha that has totally happened to me before. Aurora has been out of diapers and in big girl panties for a good year now. She's had 3 accidents since then...once when you live in a house with 9 people, the bathroom can be in use for a while, and she couldn't hold it anymore. 2nd because she was getting out of bed to go and just didn't make it, and 3 was the worst, she went #2 at Target. Yeah, pretty much sick! I pretty much had to bathe her in the bathroom!

     
  • At Fri Dec 21, 08:00:00 AM, Blogger Winston said…

    I've got to tell you that the look on Jenna's face reminds me so much of a three year old's face that I knew thiry-something years ago. The likeness is uncanny.
    Just remember that "what goes around comes around."

     
  • At Mon Dec 24, 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Wade said…

    Just swinging by again to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

    W

     
  • At Wed Dec 26, 01:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Deana,
    This post was hilarious. You may remember me from Kadesh 2005. I remembered you saying you blog, and here I am discovering it. Hope all is well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home