Deanaland

Friday, November 30, 2007

Almost there...

Much excitement in the Nall house because the Hannah Montana show is tomorrow. One nice thing about going to a concert that appeals to the pre-teen crowd is that the show starts at 4 p.m. So no late night to go along with our permanently damaged hearing!

(Speaking of which, I am picking up ear plugs on the way to the show.)

I'm on the verge of finishing up a long string of deadlines, so I checked out some books to read:

"How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" by Mark Bittman. It's silly that, more than a year into my vegetarianism, I haven't bought a veggie cookbook. Several months ago, I pulled one of the shelf at Barnes & Noble and flipped open to a recipe for "Carrot Paste." It kinda freaked me out so I put it back on the shelf. But "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" looks promising. I'll try out some recipes and let you know how it goes.

And a murder mystery that takes place in a snooty New York state neighborhood. Not the most original idea, but after all the writing I've done in the last couple of weeks, I'm ready to not have to think very much.

Edited my post to add this: Evel Knievel is dead!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At Sat Dec 01, 08:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have friends who worked one of the mechandise venues at the Atlanta Hannah concert. They sold $38,000 worth of stuff and their booth sold the least of the 18 booths there. They said Moms were peeling off hundred dollar bills to get their little darlings whatever they wanted!

    I hope you and your gang have a great time at the concert there.

     
  • At Sun Dec 02, 03:55:00 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    Hey Deana...I just posted a message to Chad, but I thought I'd leave one for you too. Thought ya'll might be interested to know that Shane Claiborne, author of "Irresistable Revolution" will be in Searcy December 8 & 9. His work and writings have been wildly popular among the local students so I figured ya'll had at least heard of him too. Anyway, his message will be a blessing and inspiration to anyone who has a heart for the poor and a passion for living like Christ. (For more info on his visit go to fluidfaith.org.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home