Deanaland

Friday, October 26, 2007

Grown-ups' night out

This morning began with Julia crying in the bathroom and Jenna crying in her bedroom. Julia was upset over a scheduling conflict that will make her miss a friend's party tomorrow. Jenna wanted Pringles for breakfast. I figure the day can only get better from here.

If you haven't already, check out the blog of Leecy, my best friend from elementary school. She recently moved from Texas to Boston, and her accounts of her daily adventures on the subway have been cracking me up.

Last night we went with friends to Little Rock's Brave New Restaurant, where I had the yummiest chocolate creme brulee ever, and then on to Ring of Fire, which is a Broadway tribute to Johnny Cash. It was a great show. I've never followed country music all that much, but I know enough to appreciate the Man in Black -- especially now that I hail from his homestate. One thing I learned about Johnny Cash last night: he was singing about cocaine before Eric Clapton was!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Sat Oct 27, 05:15:00 AM, Blogger Mark Hendrickson said…

    Wow, it's really good to talk to you. It's wonderfull that you have such a great husband and kids. We are doing fine. Look forward to further conversation. Mark

     
  • At Sat Oct 27, 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh wow.. I got a feature in your column!

     
  • At Mon Oct 29, 08:37:00 AM, Blogger Winston said…

    Hey, that Leecy is a riot ...

     
  • At Tue Oct 30, 06:30:00 AM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    Ah, come on, Mom...Pringles for breakfast isn't so bad. Put a banana with it. :0)

    I always thought that Johnny Cash must have been from Texas. Isn't that where most good country singers come from? Ha.

    We miss you and the family being here with us in Baytown. But you sound so happy in LR. Glad you and Chad found a home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home