Deanaland

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sock Monkey

Julia has been wanting one of these sock monkeys from Target. This is the kid who usually doesn't want to play with anything that isn't plugged in, so I was more than happy to add the sock monkey to my mental Christmas list. I went this morning to get the monkey to put it back for Christmas and they are already gone! Surely they will get more in this far away from Christmas. Meanwhile, I've discovered that I like saying "sock monkey" so much that I'm going to try incorporating it into my daily conversation. I'll let you know how that goes. If nothing else, I think it would make a cool name for a rock band.

And now for the official Jenna/Bunny reunion photo:



It was such a happy moment. I gave Bunny to Jenna and she hugged him and said, "Oh, Bunny! Oh, Bunny!" Thanks to the Camp Tahkodah people who made this reunion possible.


Check out these fall colors. Over the weekend, we went to Heber Springs and stayed at a friend's cabin. Chad has more photos on his blog. There was a flock of Canada geese on the river behind the cabin all weekend and Julia was excited to get some pictures:


We went for a walk and Jenna was in such a hurry to see everything that she kept tripping. Here I am attempting to comfort her after a fall.

Excitement builds in our house as the Hannah Montana show is less than a month away. Here's a hilarious concert review I found.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

  • At Tue Nov 06, 05:29:00 PM, Blogger KentF said…

    Dustin Hoffman turns to Cuba Gooding Jr., both in full haz-mat gear, and exclaims loudly:

    "We've got to find that sock monkey before it's too late!"

     
  • At Tue Nov 06, 05:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Though Jenna had a few falls and Deana did comfort her, that is actually a picture of Jenna pretending to be asleep. She kept telling me to take a picture of her sleeping, so I did.

     
  • At Tue Nov 06, 09:03:00 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    We went canoing with Bert & Paige in Heber Springs a couple of years ago and LOVED it. Gorgeous!!! It was also the location of an all-time embarassing Kelly moment. I completely insulted a local resident on accident.

    He told me he had lived in (phonetic spelling here) 'Ha-bur' Springs for years. I said, "Oh, I thought it was pronounced 'Hee-bur' Springs."

    Woops...that is what he said. Gotta love that Arkansas accent! :)

     
  • At Wed Nov 07, 07:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you want some of us to look for the sock monkey at our local Targets? I would be happy to look for you in North Carolina.

     
  • At Wed Nov 07, 07:42:00 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    If you can't find the sock monkey and you are up for a small challenge..there are instructions to make your own sock monkey at http://lennytaylor.freeyellow.com/Monkey.htm
    Actually there were many sites for making the monkey when I Googled it. Go figure! I'm thinking about giving it a try for my granddaughter. We'll see...Thanks for the inspiration, Deana.

     
  • At Thu Nov 08, 11:54:00 AM, Blogger SG said…

    I saw the said Sock Monkey in the Target flyer this Sunday which could explain his absence in your store. A sale will flush out inventory fast. Be sure to ask for a rain check....

    And I think it is eqally fun to say the name of the maker of the Sock Monkey... Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium!

     
  • At Thu Nov 08, 06:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If I remember correctly, you had a sock monkey when we were kids, right?

     
  • At Fri Nov 09, 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Winston said…

    Yes Leecy, she had a sock monkey. I used to play with it. I was 40 years old ,,, Go figure ...

     
  • At Fri Nov 09, 04:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha Ha. I knew it had to be Deana who had that thing.

     
  • At Sat Nov 10, 02:32:00 PM, Blogger Beaner said…

    Great! I just threw away one of those socks because it was so ugly & I am NOT the sewing kind! I'm sure I could have made some money on eBay!!!

    Grrr....

    And you reminded me that my brother & I used to call people who sat out on their front porch "Porch Monkeys". I miss Porch Monkeys!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home