Deanaland

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Partying

Here's Jenna enoying her fall party at school this morning. Her teachers wisely removed her costume before giving her orange-iced cupcakes.






Here she is in her costume. The package said "Twinkle Fairy." Jenna doesn't really care what she is, as long as it's girly. We had to talk her in to putting on the wings. Chad asked her if she was going to fly away after she put them on, and this convinced her that flying away was a very real possibility. So she refused until we convinced her that only birds fly, not little girls.







After a long break, I'm finally reading something again. I seem to be on a Johnny Cash roll right now. When we went to his tribute show the other night, the friend we were with mentioned that she thought Johnny's first wife had written a book. I happened to see it at the library last night, so I got it. It's mostly the letters he wrote to her while he was in the military, but she also talks about their marriage and divorce. It's sad to read about how much she didn't want the marriage to end, and her continued frustration at the country music industry for wanting to write her out of his life. I gather this is not just her perception. "Ring of Fire," the Broadway tribute show we saw the other night, covered Johnny Cash's life from his ancestry to his death but made no mention of his first marriage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just received in the mail from KFC a coupon for a "breast deal." Hmmm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been thinking lately about the best love songs of all time. Here's my list so far. Feel free to add.

"In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel
"Good Enough" by Evanescence
"Overjoyed" by Stevie Wonder
"Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash (there he is again!)
"Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns N Roses

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 30, 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Kristi said…

    I'd have to add "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton and Marc Cohn's "True Companion" to the best love songs list.

    And, BTW, Johnny Cash is my cousin! Okay - fourteenth cousin, but hey, cousins still.

     
  • At Tue Oct 30, 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Winston said…

    And:

    "P. S. I Love You" sung by

    Jo Stafford (from the olden days)

     
  • At Tue Oct 30, 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I don't seem the have the brain cells to think of any others. But, I agree with yours.

    I have a later-in-life new appreciation for Stevie Wonder's music. I LOVE, LOVE the song Overjoyed...so sweet!

     
  • At Tue Oct 30, 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Wade said…

    Sweet Child of Mine?

    Talk about 'which one of these things is not like the others!'

    Great song though!

     
  • At Tue Oct 30, 05:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Everlong" by Foo Fighters

    Ring of Fire (the song) was written by June Carter. I'd actually kind of like to read the book by Vivian. If you see the movie "Walk the Line" which was all approved by Johnny and June, Vivian was portrayed as quite the .. well, be-otch.. for lack of a better word. It would be interesting to get her side.

     
  • At Wed Oct 31, 08:32:00 AM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    In Your Eyes is my all time favorite!

     
  • At Mon Nov 05, 10:16:00 PM, Blogger janjanmom said…

    I like Peter Gabriel alot!!! Good song choice.

    GNR-no thank you. Reminds me of all the black tshirted weirdos I graduated with. They were total emo but we didn't know that word then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home