Deanaland

Friday, May 04, 2007

Eyelashes Alive!

Jenna and I went to Target this morning. I really did need a few things, plus I thought we could hang out in the toy department for something to do. Not a bad way to spend a morning, really.


It was in the toy section that I found this: Baby Alive Sip ‘n’ Slurp. But she could easily pass for Baby Tammy Faye Bakker. I don’t know if you can tell from this picture, but this doll’s eyelashes look like they came from “Prostitutes ‘R’ Us.” Maybe it’s the “in” thing among the 3-year-old set to have dolls that look like black caterpillars crawled up on their faces and died. Who knows. I just hope this is a trend that bypasses our house.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Fri May 04, 09:02:00 PM, Blogger marcia-marcia-marcia said…

    Not only is Baby Alive wearing too much makeup for anyrespectable infant (or adult), but she has an expression like "The Bad Seed."

    I personally also have aproblem with Bratz dolls and their attitude. I know that lots of kids have them...even kids whose parents I respect and admire...but I'm proud to say that Eva, my 6-year-old thinks that Bratz are rude-looking and doesn't want one.

    Thanks for your reassurance about my child's fat lip. I still haven't moved the music stand. please don't call CPS.

     
  • At Fri May 04, 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Lynn said…

    GAG ME ! That is the ugliest doll I have "evah" seen. Hopefully, she sip and slurps better then she looks. I played with dolls forever and to me a doll should be a BABY. Look like a baby. Feel like a baby. Dolls are "training" for little future mommies to raise. I think that one passed the raising part. By the way, if you remember my neice with the hyperemisis like you had? She was discharged finally from the hospital 2 days ago after 3 months, I think. She is on bedrest until baby Sam arrives hopefully later when he has had a chance to grow some more. Keep us in your prayers. I have my sisters link if you want to read more about her.

     
  • At Sat May 05, 08:29:00 AM, Blogger Mae said…

    That's just wrong... almost as wrong as the Garbage Pail Kids cards I collected and loved as a second grader!

    I can't tell you how excted I am about this month's Success from Home... I was reading through about the people I work w/ and saw "by Deana Nall" on the FYI product spread!!! Call me crazy, but it's really neat to be sitting here w/ my 2 1/2 week old son and reading an article by someone I "know" about products I love! Great job!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home