Deanaland

Friday, April 27, 2007

Tooth Tunes

This last week, we acquired what Julia calls the best invention ever. She got a Tooth Tunes toothbrush. These are toothbrushes that play popular music -- two minutes worth, which is the length of time dentists say we should be brushing out teeth. Julia got the Hannah Montana one, which plays "Best of Both Worlds." There are 17 Tooth Tunes toothbrushes to choose from. I want to get Chad the one that plays the Rocky theme. And I'm trying to decide between Jamiroquai's "Canned Heat" (from the big Napoleon Dynamite dance scene) and "All Star" by Smashmouth. I'm also interested in the KISS toothbrush, which plays, "I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll All Night." Go to www.toothtunes.com and pick out your own!
Speaking of KISS, is anyone else as into the new season of Gene Simmons' Family Jewels as we are? It's officially our favorite show. We realize it's not funny when someone skis into a tree right after having plastic surgery, but Chad and I were cracking up over that last Sunday night. A&E also showed a Family Jewels marathon Sunday afternoon, and Chad, who was recovering from his caving trip, watched no less than SIX EPISODES back to back.
I found this great pic of Gene from the old days. He didn't look nearly this cool after that tree was done with him.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Apr 27, 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Kyle said…

    The post actually had very little to do with firearms. I was speaking about the right to wear tank tops, as you said. Whenever I said "guns" I was metaphorically referring to the two canon's I keep hidden underneath my sleeves.

    Okay, in actuality I debated on which would be preferable, and instead of Wikipediaing it I went with the reasoning that "bear arms" would be the dismembered appendages of the furry woodland creature. My bad.

     
  • At Fri Apr 27, 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Kyle said…

    Oh yeah, after I replied to the post I went and saw that she's coming to Houston. I think maybe we will go.

    I say go with the canned heat toothbrush. How could you possibly go to school/work in a bad mood after that.

     
  • At Fri Apr 27, 07:52:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…

    You'll probably think me old fashioned but I'm into Pat Boone, Jo Stafford, Glenn Miller and the like. Do you know I actually got out my Bing Crosby 78's and played some of them on an old turntable? They were a little scratchy but then so am I ...

     
  • At Fri May 04, 09:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We have the one that plays "We Will Rock You," and let me tell you, it works. My 9-year-old brushes through the whole song, and at his checkup Monday (with Dr. Hays in Benton if you're looking for a great dentist!) he had zero cavities.

    Huzzah!

    --Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home