Deanaland

Monday, January 01, 2007

Houston happenings

Sunday morning we were at my parents' church. At the beginning of the service, Ronnie Norman, the pulpit minister, got up and introduced himself. This prompted Jenna to wave and yell, "Hi, Ronnie!"

So how did I bring in the new year? By watching in fascination as my cell phone screen switched to a new color, which it does every month. Everyone else here was asleep, and Chad left earlier in the day to go to NCYM in Colorado Springs. The conference doesn't actually start until tomorrow, so he reluctantly decided to fill in the extra time by skiing at Winter Park. Poor guy. He sacrifices so much.

Tomorrow my parents both go back to work so it's just me and the girls. I think we'll make another trip or two to Baytown since the one day we were there last week was so crazy that I didn't get to spend much time with my favorite people, like my best Baytown girlfriend, Lois. Julia's old school starts back this week, so we may go visit there, too.

Being back in Baytown was nice but weird, but not too weird. I was worried I might be tempted to curl up on our old front porch and sob for a day or so. But we had other things to do. Plus the current owners might have called the cops.

5 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 01, 05:42:00 PM, Blogger mom23 said…

    Why didn't you go to NCYM with him? I *LOVED* it so much and looked forward to it all year. I still miss it and wish there was the equivalent for the pulpit.

    Glad you are having/had(?) a nice visit! I waved your way while in AR.

     
  • At Mon Jan 01, 06:30:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Tracy -- maybe in a few years I can go. We have found out the hard way that trips with the girls where Chad will be busy is NO fun for me at all. And we don't have anyone we can leave them with for that long.

    Maybe you and I can be in LR at the same time one of these days!

     
  • At Mon Jan 01, 08:56:00 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    If you make it over to Travis, I'm still in the same classroom. Stop by and say hello.

     
  • At Tue Jan 02, 05:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I went skiing for the 1st time ever last week! It was fun! My BIL Bryan taught me. Do you like it? You should have seen Patrick!

    I keep meaning to tell you. Pat.G. called us and still wants to meet us in LV b/c they are now opening a Beatles bar,not bar! I mean lounge, so we could go there after the Beatles show!

    Patrick's parents didn't give presents for Christmas. The cabin was our present. But they gave us tons of old pictures and keepsakes from Patrick's childhood. There are a few of you in there! All I've got to say is BIG HAIR!!!!

    I know I just wrote a book, but I haven't talked to you in a WEEK and I'm not sure you're checking emails.

    Tell Winston and Mardell hi!
    CP

     
  • At Wed Jan 03, 08:47:00 AM, Blogger Beverly said…

    Im glad you had a good visit. Whitney is headed to the Leadership Summit in Buena Vista Colorado today and I am so jealous..I need to see me some mts.

    Happy New Year, beautiful precious girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home