Deanaland

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Oops

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I ingested some of Jenna's snot this morning. I won't go into details, but it was entirely accidental and it could happen to anyone. I'm just more than a little grossed out right now.

So naturally, let's talk about food. I'm thinking about going vegetarian, or at least cutting most beef, chicken and pork out of my diet. I realize this would affect my relationship with the cheeseburger pizza at Larry's. Maybe that could be my one guilty pleasure; something for which I could attend some sort of "veggie confessional" afterwards. (I could say 20 "Hail Carrots" or something.)

It's not really an ethical thing with me, although I'm all for the humane treatment of animals. I just think, in general, and with some exceptions, that meat is gross. I thought it was gross when my parents tried to make me eat it when I was a kid. And -- again, generally speaking -- I think it's gross now.

Not as gross as ingesting someone else's snot, though.

9 Comments:

  • At Tue Sep 12, 09:33:00 AM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    Your references to "snot" and other eidibles gave me an idea for a new chain of fast-food restaurants. I can see the dispensers now. One is "ketchup," another is, "mustard," and the other one is, "snot." If you want to work in my kitchen, you've got to have a runny nose.
    The name of my chain would be, "Hot Snot Pot Spot." Say that 6 times fast and win one of our new bugger burgers.

    Note: Our products are made fresh daily ...

     
  • At Tue Sep 12, 11:55:00 AM, Blogger David Michael said…

    PUKE (pyūk) Slang.
    intr. & tr.v., puked, puk·ing, pukes.
    To vomit.

    n.
    The act of vomiting.
    Vomit.
    One regarded as disgusting or contemptible.
    [Perhaps imitative.]

     
  • At Tue Sep 12, 02:24:00 PM, Blogger Lynn said…

    I also need to eliminate beef and pork out of my diet but oh how I love a good steak. Chicken is just not the same unless it is deep fried and there goes some of the reasoning. That would be at least 30 Hail New Potatoes for penance. As for the snot, as a mother, I am sure we have all ingested our share of substances that we would rather not admit to. I have been glad that your move has been seemingly easy. I think you are a family of easy adjustments anyway. What a blessing!

     
  • At Tue Sep 12, 02:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All I can say to that is, ewww.

     
  • At Tue Sep 12, 06:48:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Your post made me gag...

    Hey, I recommend reading, "The Food Revolution" by John Robbins, famous vegetarian and yes, he was the son of the one of the duo who founded Baskin-Robbins... very interesting stuff.

     
  • At Tue Sep 12, 08:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HHHHAAAAA!!! D-NA ate snot! D-NA ate snot!!!
    Anonymous

     
  • At Wed Sep 13, 08:52:00 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Oh yuck! That, I have no done! However, when Ian was just a few months old, Andy was laying on the floor and holding Ian over him . . . the kid slobbered and it torpedoed right into Andy's mouth! I told him he deserved what he got for putting himself in the direct line of fire! {vbg}

     
  • At Wed Sep 13, 12:42:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    After getting food poisoning yesterday from eating a sausage pizza, I think I am with you on the vegetarian thing.

    P.S. Loved hearing about snot ingestion the morning after throwing up all day. Yum Yum!

     
  • At Wed Sep 13, 02:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm coming up on my vegaversary (one year in October) and have never felt better. Watching the DVD series "Frontier House" on Netflix convinced me meat was gross. Actually, I think it was "Colonial House" that was the final straw - the one where they ate fried muskrat. At any rate, it's a great lifestyle, and a real conversation starter at those church fellowship meals.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home