From the veggie front
I've been a vegetarian for two days now. It hasn't really been that hard. Last night I made fajitas and just made mine with onions and bell peppers and I left all the chicken for Chad. I didn't miss the meat at all. It's easy when I never really liked meat in the first place. So why did I eat it for 35 years? I have no idea. I also went to one of my favorite Bryant eateries yesterday, Firehouse Subs, and got a veggie sub. I love this place because it was started by real firemen, the food is great and the people who work there are super friendly. When you walk in, someone always yells "Welcome to Firehouse!" It makes everyone feel like Norm from Cheers. Plus they give out little red fireman hats to the kids. Our house is slowly filling up with them.
I noticed Burger King has a veggie burger. I'm afraid of it. Has anyone tried it?
Here's what I WON'T miss about eating meat:
1) Biting down on some unidentified piece of fat/gristle-type stuff. YUCK.
2) Having a higher risk of heart disease and cancer.
3) Spending a huge chunk of my grocery bill on meat.
4) Just how gross meat is in general.
What I WILL miss:
2) Pot roast.
3) Boneless wings from Chili's.
4) Chef Boyardee ABCs and 123s with meatballs (holdover from childhood).
5) I guess that's about it.