Deanaland

Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Jiggly Tribute


Saturday, Julia (our little Greenpeacer...I mean, environmentalist) hosted a party celebrating the bald eagle's removal from the endangered species list. (This event actually happened in 1995, but it had been on Julia's mind because of the more recent news that the eagle may be on its way off the threatened species list.)

To mark the event, Julia and I baked a cake and made individual servings of blue Jell-O in muffin tins. They came out looking like bright blue breast implants. Natalie, Meagan, Grace and Belinda, the party's attendees, didn't seem to notice.

Then we all played "Mall Madness" (an atrocious Milton Bradley creation designed to foster shallow materialism in young girls), then Natalie and Meagan went home. Grace and Belinda spent the night.

Also this weekend, our small group met at our house Sunday night. Last time it met here, we had six people. Tonight, we had 19. I always think we have a reasonably-sized house until we pack it full of people. Then it looks kinda little. But it was great having everyone here and the singing was great.

Earlier today, I had gone to Wal-Mart. I try not to go there because I decided a few months ago that I hate Wal-Mart. I usually get groceries at Food Town and non-grocery stuff at Target. But today I just had time for one stop, so Wal-Mart it was. I was supposed to be getting diapers plus food for our small group (the diapers were just for Jenna), but I decided to stop by the shoe dept. Why not? And I found some really cool ones. But I passed them up because even at Wal-Mart, I don't pay full price for any kind of clothing.

Well, as I was standing in line at the deli waiting to order my half pound of turkey and baby swiss, I started thinking. It was the last pair of shoes of its kind, and they were in my size. To me, that's like God saying, "Take them, my child. They're yours." So I went back and got them. They're wicked cute, plus they are like me in several ways:

They are 1) cute,
2) cheap,
3) liable to fall apart and any moment.

9 Comments:

  • At Sun Mar 26, 08:30:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    And even though they were full price -- it was Wal-Mart, for Pete's sake. Always Low Prices -- Always! I am so glad to know you aren't too cheap to pay full Wal-Mart price!

     
  • At Sun Mar 26, 09:12:00 PM, Blogger Beverly said…

    Deana,
    Target called and they are really hurt!!

     
  • At Sun Mar 26, 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    Mall Madness taught me many valuable lessons, Deana. I refused to buy from the Boutique because it was too expensive and I only shopped the sales. I think we can see now where that has brought us. I can still remember the sound of the announcer, "Attention Mall Shoppers..." Good memories. Stop making jello breasts.

     
  • At Mon Mar 27, 06:22:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Sarah -- These shoes were $24 - most of the shoes at Target are cheaper than that. So I guess Wal-Mart is not ALWAYS low prices.

    Beverly -- don't worry. I'll make it up to Target.

    Sarah P. -- There could be a market for Jell-O breasts. You never know.

     
  • At Mon Mar 27, 06:41:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    I just realized something! Someone's going to google "Jell-O breasts" and find my blog! Ack!

     
  • At Mon Mar 27, 11:18:00 AM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    Now Sam was active in the Restoration Movement. Doesn't that pull at a heart string ... ?
    Oops ... guess not seeing as how there were no strings in the RM.

    Can't remember if I'm WinSpin or WinniePhew. Anyway, it's me ...

     
  • At Mon Mar 27, 08:44:00 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    Blue Jell-o Breasts?? Oh, my. When I see that at Luby's I'll know here they got their start.
    ML

     
  • At Tue Mar 28, 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    I'm not even going to comment on jello breasts....

    I was just kidding about you taking the 'new' off of the hotlink from your website to mine.

    It's really not new anymore....

     
  • At Wed Mar 29, 08:48:00 PM, Blogger David Michael said…

    Did you know the Golden Eagle would have been a much better National Bird? They are smarter!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home