Deanaland

Friday, March 03, 2006

It's a Big Big World

There's a new show on PBS called "It's a Big Big World." It features a character named Snook who is a tree sloth. When he talks, he sounds really laid back -- I guess because of the sloth thing -- but to me, he sounds like he's been smoking weed. This is an observation I couldn't share with my children so I thought I'd share it with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday I had a blow-out on the way to pick up Julia from school. Thankfully I had made it into our neighborhood, so I drove the Suburban as far as I thought I should and then parked it, put Jenna in her stroller and walked to Julia's school. Julia had already had a bad day with "the mean substitute" (on the days they have this sub, all the usually good kids end up moving their clips. Hmmm...) so when I told her we had to walk all the way home (almost a mile), she didn't take it too well. My husband, who I like to refer to as SuperChad, came home and changed the tire. I'm just glad the tire didn't blow out that morning, while I was taking four little girls to their respective schools.

The day got better when we met my dad at Cracker Barrel for dinner. He had spent a couple of days in Beaumont and was on his way back through town.

Today I'm meeting my best Baytown girlfriend Lois at the Starbucks in Target. Lois, Starbucks and Target -- three of my favorite things all at the same time! Life doesn't get much better.

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 03, 06:21:00 AM, Blogger David Michael said…

    Maybe you should have meatloaf tonight!

     
  • At Fri Mar 03, 12:30:00 PM, Blogger sarahdawn said…

    That's twice today I've read something from the Nall house that referenced marijuana. I'm beginning to worry about you two. Kidding, kidding, really...OK, well mostly I'm kidding.

     
  • At Fri Mar 03, 01:44:00 PM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    DO YOU REALIZE THAT GLOBAL BAZAAR IS NOT A SECTION IN TARGET ANYMORE?!!!! RUN DEANA, RUN! I FOUND OUT ONLY LAST NIGHT AND FRANTICALLY PUSHED THROUGH THE CLEARANCE AISLES TO SEE WHAT WAS LEFT. OH, THE HUMANITY!

     
  • At Fri Mar 03, 02:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought your day got better after hearing me whine for 30 minutes. No? :-)

    I know what you mean about the sloth! I thought he sounded very granola, surfer, dude.

    Sounds like someone is having fun tonight!
    cp

     

Post a Comment

<< Home