Deanaland

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ode to Pants on Clearance

We ran out of cat food last night. I was hoping Spanky, our 12-year-old cat, could hold out until today for me to go to the store. But at 5 a.m. he was hungry, so out of sheer guilt I got up and scrambled him an egg. He took one sniff of it and walked away.

So as you can see, I was forced to go to Target this morning and get cat food. While I was there, I noticed a 75% Off sign. (Last time I saw one of these signs, I called my friend Carol at 8:30 a.m. to let her know about it. I restrained myself this time.)

Anyway, it was pants. Nice, cropped pants in different colors. For five bucks! I really liked the gold ones. But I had Jenna with me, and trying on anything with her around is dang near impossible. So I got the cat food and left. Yes, I checked out at Target with ONE THING in my cart. Then I took Jenna to school.

But I keep thinking about those pants. The problem is that I'm getting lots of work lately and I have SO much to do today. I have seven articles due for two different publications in the next eight days. I have to take advantage of every kid-free minute I have.

Since I can't go try on the pants today, I have written some more haiku. Enjoy.

Gold pants, oh, gold pants
You belong on my body
I'll come back for you

8 Comments:

  • At Tue Feb 28, 07:54:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Are you serious? I so love you!!!

     
  • At Tue Feb 28, 08:27:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Oh, hi, Linda! At first I thought your name said, "America Anger Man." Hope things are well for you and Kent in Germany!

    Chad -- you know, since Target remodeled, they have really nice dressing rooms...

     
  • At Tue Feb 28, 10:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    STOP TALKING ABOUT DRESSING ROOMS!!! I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!

    BTW I'm STILL sick! I'll fill you in later.

    CP

     
  • At Tue Feb 28, 11:05:00 AM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    I thought I warned you about dressing rooms. Wasn't that in the hamster book I gave you to read when you were a little thing?

     
  • At Tue Feb 28, 02:13:00 PM, Blogger Michael Potthoff said…

    I saw your comment on Mike Cope's blog and your name sounds familiar. The reason I am posting the comment is because I saw that you know a young child that had died on cancer. I have a 13 year old friend named Alan that is very sick with the same kind of cancer of the blood and I am trying to get as many Christians to pray for as I can. I am a preacher and an ACU grad. Please see my blog at http://work4christ.blogspot.com for more info.

     
  • At Tue Feb 28, 09:45:00 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    I remember those days of wishing I had a day without kids so I could go shopping. Now I have those days when I'm not at work and now I don't have the money. So I still don't get to buy anything. Boo hoo.

    But the dressing rooms sound very intriguing.

     
  • At Tue Feb 28, 10:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BTW - feel free to bother your friend Carol with sale news - because she then tells me and we can share the Target high! CP- hope you get better soon - we miss you around here!

    Carrie

     
  • At Thu Mar 02, 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Lynn said…

    I've started to post a comment so many times on your blog but have backed out. I couldn't resist today. You make me laugh. We know alot of the same people but it would take too long to tell you all of them but here is my poem to you....( I too am a shopper )

    Gold pants, gold pants....
    Rest on the rack for D
    If she goes back and you're still there..
    Then you were meant to be.

    Anyway that is my philosophy. I need some gold pants too by the way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home