Deanaland

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Elusive Swiss Cheese

Yesterday I was at the store looking for Swiss cheese. I didn't see any, so I asked a girl who was stocking the dairy section. "You'll have to ask that guy," she said, pointing to a guy a little further down the aisle. Well, "that guy" knew no English. Whatsoever. He had no clue what I was asking for. I picked up a block of Mozzarella and said, "Like this. But with holes," making a hole shape with my fingers. Didn't help. He picked up a package of crumbled Feta. "This?" he said. He was trying to help. But honestly, it was just Swiss cheese! I'm not a gourmet cook, people! It wasn't like I was asking for Champignon Brie or anything!

So now I'm going to have to find out how Chicken Cordon Bleu tastes with Monterey Jack.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home