Deanaland

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cool Soap and the Name Game

I usually only have shameless plugs for Target, but I found a product I want to tell everyone about. It's called Fresh Scents hand soap and I found it at Kroger (Target has it, too.) It's really good-smelling soap with air-freshener beads in the bottom of the bottle. I got honeysuckle and it smells SO YUMMY and goes perfectly in my bright yellow bathroom. I'm hoping the Fresh Scents company will see this and send me a case of the stuff.

And now for the Name Game, which I stole from Lauren. My daughter Julia did it, too.


1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet and current street name) Snoopy Burnet

2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME: (grandmother's maiden name on your mother's side, your favorite candy) James Almond Joy

3. YOUR "FLY GIRL" NAME: (first initial of last name, first two or three letters of your first name) N. Dea

4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite animal, name of high school) Monkey Beaumont Christian

5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Carol Hobbs

6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (first 3 letters of your last name, last 3 letters of mother's maiden name, first 3 letters of your pet's name) Nalickspa

7. JEDI NAME: (middle name spelled backwards, your father's middle name spelled backwards) Lorac Sgninnej

6 Comments:

  • At Thu Mar 16, 06:18:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    I loved this post and did it myself!

    BTW-
    I changed my url to:
    www.littlebitslife.blogspot.com

    I was a little ticked at a judge for making Bryon late for my brother's wedding festivities. I wrote just a tad on it. Turns out, Bryon's judge's court reporter reads my blog and told the judge just how I was feeling! You never know who is reading these things. Thought it was time to go anonymous for a while!

     
  • At Fri Mar 17, 11:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, so holy crap, miss.
    My name is Alex and I'm from Ohio... I'm here to tell you a little story. A few years ago, some friends and I made up a game during the most boring summer of our lives. It's similar to lacrosse but we call it Chadminton. I was searching on the internet to see if it had gotten any exposure (we're trying desperately with hardly any luck) and your blog from January 20 came up. a friend had left you some comment about jokes that had the name chad in them, and one was like about your favorite sport, and the punchline was chadminton. I wanted to crap my pants.

    So anyways, I just thought I would throw that out there for kicks, because I got a good laugh out of it. But trust me, if you knew more about chadminton, it really would be your favorite sport.

     
  • At Fri Mar 17, 11:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    uh... scratch that, i'm assuming it was your husband, not a friend. But yea, the rest still stands.

     
  • At Fri Mar 17, 02:43:00 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    That was me, Brian her brother, who wrote that post.

    I put Deana's husband's name who is Chad,in this joke generator, and one of the silly punchlines was chadminton.

    That's a pretty funny coincidence!

     
  • At Sat Mar 18, 09:07:00 AM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    I enjoy reading your posts, but your comments section is intriguing as well. Yeah, you just never know who is reading these blogs do you? Chadminton?? Aanywaay....
    The name game made me think about the game Twister where you get all mixed up on the different colors. That name game is Twister for words. So many differnet combinations that can be made from the names in our families. Since my first and last name begin with the same first 3 letters, my options are minimul and very uninteresting. Cute game.

     
  • At Thu May 11, 12:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Deana...

    My company handles public relations for Fresh Scents. Glad to hear that you like the product. It's such a good way to get your hands clean and sanitary, keep the air fresh AND save money. By the way, if you let kids shake the bottle and make the beads rattle and roll, it makes hand-washing fun and might even get them into the clean hands habit. Send me your address and I'll see that Fresh Scents sends you a good supply!

    Thanks so much for your kihd words.
    Lynne Merrill
    Kip Morrison & Associates
    (310) 274-6726
    lynne@kipmorrison.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home