Deanaland

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lately.

I tend to get annoyed by blog posts that go on and on about why the blogger hasn't been blogging lately. So I'll be quick about it: It's not that I don't have time to get on the computer. It's that I don't have time to get on the computer and complete any kind of thought process. So let's catch up.

Here's a photo I forgot to share with you from my quick trip to Texas last month. One thing I've noticed about Arkansas is that you don't see humongous state flags flying all over the place. So it's something that stands out to me when I visit the Lone Star State. Here's a photo I took in Waco while driving AND trying to find a radio station that wasn't playing Tejano music. Am I talented or what.

We had Thanksgiving -- just the four of us -- right here at home. It was very nice to not have to go anywhere. The last time we had a just-us Thanksgiving at home was in 2003, when I miscarried the day before we supposed to leave to spend the holiday with Chad's people in Lubbock. I have a foggy memory of me wandering teary-eyed through the Baytown Wal-Mart to get stuff for a last-minute Thanksgiving for three at our house. Very depressing memory. So I was glad to replace it with a happy, stay-at-home Thanksgiving memory this year.

I went all out and freed the china and crystal from their prison in my china hutch. I mean, why not?






And what do the Nall girls wear to such a grand occasion?





Their jammies, of course.


The next day, we decked the halls for Christmas. You might notice Jenna is still wearing her jammies from the day before. That's how we roll in our house. The less laundry, the better.






Speaking of rolling, this is how a youth minister's family finds out last year's graduates are home from college:



"Great to see you guys! How long is your break? That long? ... Oh."

Now Christmas us almost upon us. Chad's mom has been with us since Dec. 1, and she'll go with us to Houston on the 23rd. For you Baytown folks, we plan to be at MoSt the Sunday morning after Christmas. Hope to see you then!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At Thu Dec 18, 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    I'm so glad you are coming to Baytown. Now there's an incentive to go to MoSt on that Sunday. Hope to see you and yours. Merry Christmas!

     
  • At Thu Dec 18, 04:37:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    Awww, that picture was taken in between my house and church. We love that flag. It's HUGE!

     
  • At Fri Dec 19, 07:48:00 AM, Blogger WinSpin said…

    But what I want to know is why haven't you been blogging more?

     
  • At Fri Dec 19, 09:54:00 AM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    YAY!!! We'll be there Sunday, too! In fact, I think Brock is preaching. Can't wait!!!!!!!

     
  • At Sat Dec 20, 04:26:00 AM, Blogger Paige said…

    OK, seriously, we did a much better job wrapping your house than that guy did! :-) Tell him he needs to bone up on his wrapping skills.

     
  • At Sat Dec 20, 11:57:00 AM, Blogger WinSpin said…

    Another thing about working with teenagers ... you don't ever have to go buy toilet paper ...

     
  • At Sat Dec 20, 03:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I with paige. we totally did better. And that's in mosquito filled Baytown...so there should be extra points for that. P.S. YOu know you miss us! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home