Deanaland

Thursday, December 04, 2008

December rush

Chad's mom has come to stay for a month, I have deadlines looming and our computer is dying a slow, agonizing death. So that's why my blog updates are a little scarce lately. I'm actually writing this from Chad's office.

You CAN, however, find my writing (free of snide comments about Precious Moments and other collectible creepiness) in the December issue of Arkansas Life magazine. I wrote an article about the health care worker shortage in Arkansas. This crisis is nationwide, and if you know any young people pondering what career to choose, talk to them about the health care field. The shortage is not just in nursing, it's in all areas of the field: physicians, physical therapists, pharmacists, you name it. If you look at the numbers and the shortages that are predicted for the future if this trend continues, it's actually pretty scary.

Latest bit of wisdom from Jenna: The other night I was putting her to bed and the child would NOT stop asking me questions. I finally said, "It's time to stop asking questions so you can go to sleep." She said, "But Sid the Science Kid says it's good to ask a lot of questions!" So thanks, Sid the Science Kid.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 05, 07:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Am trying to envision your writing minus the snide comments.

    Greetings from a homeland far away.

    Mike Cope

     

Post a Comment

<< Home