Deanaland

Monday, August 06, 2007

My birthday and stuff

Since I last blogged, I turned another year older. Chad and the girls brought me breakfast in bed Thursday (which had to be moved to the kitchen since Jenna was jumping on the bed). They gave me a big bag of Burt's Bees stuff, which Julia picked out. That night, Chad and I had a date planned at Carino's, but when we got there, a bunch of our friends from church were there to surprise me. So I had my second surprise party ever. (The first one was thrown by college roommates and friends in 1991 at the beginning of my junior year. That one was even more of a surprise since it was a full month after my actual birthday.) Anyway, we all had so much fun eating and talking without kids around that we stayed there for THREE HOURS. Plus my Myspace and Facebook profiles were flooded with well wishes from all over. If you absolutely have to turn 36, this was a fun way to do it.

We went to Magic Springs Saturday, where it was CRAZY CROWDED. People we were with who've been going to MS their whole lives said they had never seen it that full of people. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder with 300 strangers in the wave people wasn't exactly my idea of fun. But the Third Day show that night rocked. Julia and I annoyed everyone around us by yelling "WE LOVE YOU, MAC!" between songs. Mac appeared to be ignoring us, but I think he was just playing hard to get. He did say the crowd was the biggest they had ever played for. And out of all those tens of thousands of people, Julia and her best friend from school just happened to find each other.

Question: If you've turned on a radio in the last month or so, you've heard Rihanna's "Umbrella." (You know, the song that goes "You can stand under my umbrella-ella-ella-EH-EH-EH...") We hear it on Radio Disney all the time, but a review in Rolling Stone magazine said the song means something really nasty. I'm just wondering if anyone knows because Julia and I rode home from Little Rock today singing it at the top of our lungs.

On another note, I thought this story about the piano John Lennon used to write "Imagine" was interesting.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home