Deanaland

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hooked

Oprah has her favorite things, and here are a few of mine:

Is it possible for just your lips to have an out-of-body experience? Because mine do every time I put this stuff on. I've used my last tube of Chapstick!










I couldn't get a pic, but I'm loving TAZO organic green tea right now. You can get it in a bottle at Starbucks. Ignore the weird Zen philosophies printed all over the label (although they are kinda funny). This is way better than anything Lipton has put out.

I've been a fan of Wishbone Salad Spritzers since they came out, and "Raspberry Bliss" is my new favorite. Julia even likes it, and she's been vehemently anti-salad dressing for all of her 8.5 years.















Chad is more hooked on this than me, but I thought I'd add it anyway. "Man Vs. Wild" details the adventures of Bear Grylls as he is dropped off in the wilderness and finds his way to civilization. I was on the verge of developing a crush on the guy until I watched him drink his own urine last night. I wonder if his wife kissed him when he got back from THAT trip!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At Wed Jul 11, 07:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Patrick and I saw the same episode last night & my budding crush came to an abrupt end!! Yuck! Did you see him gnawing on fresh Zebra meat in the African episode?

    Have you ever seen that Sci Fi movie w/ Sting? He wears a suit that recycles his own urine so he doesn't dehydrate

     
  • At Wed Jul 11, 08:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had to change the channel after the urine thing....too gross for prime time.

     
  • At Wed Jul 11, 08:42:00 AM, Blogger Susan - said…

    I thought that show sounded interesting until my husband told me about the zebra thing. Yuck.

     
  • At Wed Jul 11, 08:45:00 AM, Blogger Jenni at talking hairdryer said…

    Yeah, Honey is hooked on that show too. He always DVRs it and watches it after the kids go to bed. I am thinking that this is a stroke of genious since I don't think I want my 7 yr old son trying any of that at home!

     
  • At Wed Jul 11, 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Winston said…

    As to that urine bit, you might do well before drinking it straight, to add a bit of TAZO organic green tea ...

     
  • At Thu Jul 12, 01:42:00 PM, Blogger KentF said…

    The history of Burt's Bees is very interesting. Basically two Vermont hippies that made organic stuff from bee's wax - and they had no idea the world wanted it.

     
  • At Fri Jul 13, 05:22:00 PM, Blogger 1literatimommy said…

    I don't really know you, only of you via ACU channels. But, I am going through the exact phase you just mentioned: (not the ice cream cone, but the going to a new church and feeling reborn in my faith!:))
    Thank you for articulating it so well. I knew for a long time that Church of Christ dogma didn't add up to me: it was such a lonely place to be. I began to feel like a total unbeliever. But, now, just as you so eloquently described, I feel new after we found a nondenomenational Christian church. It is a blessing, even if it is painful and raw. Because of my church of christ upbringing, I found God. But, because of that same upbringing, I felt so oppressed by facets of it. It is freeing, but scary, too. Thanks for your funny, funny posts!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home