Deanaland

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ph.D in VBS

I was determined to stay busy while Chad was gone this week, and we have. Julia has been going to VBS every morning from 9-noon, and then another VBS at night from 6:30-9 p.m. She's been having a good time, but she's pretty worn out. It has been nice, though, not having to hear "I'm bored" or having to say "You've been on the computer all day -- find something else to do!"

I've been reading the coolest book. It's called "All the Presidents' Pastries" and it's written by Roland Mesnier, who worked as the executive pastry chef at the White House for 25 years. He writes about his birth into a very poor French family, and how he worked his way up to the most pretigious chef job on the planet. He worked for five presidents, and it's interesting to read about his take on major world events from his view in the president's kitchen.

I'm just now starting back on Anne Lamott's book because I left it at a friend's house in Rosebud, Arkansas.

I also feel the need to admit that I'm hooked on an MTV show, "Engaged and Underage." It features 18-20 year olds who have decided to get married. A few of the couples are so sweet and cute and I think they just might make it. But most of them should probably keep their names on all their stuff so dividing it up in divorce court will be easier. Sorry, I guess I'm just a realist. One bride-to-be, when arguing with her fiance about his plans for his bachelor party, said, "You pinky-promised me when we got engaged that you wouldn't have strippers at your bachelor party." People, if you and your future spouse are "pinky-promising" things to each other, don't get married. Graduate from kindergarten first.

Next week is our Houston/Baytown trip. Baytown people, go to Jenkins Park on the 4th because we want to see you!

8 Comments:

  • At Thu Jun 28, 08:34:00 AM, Blogger Winston said…


    It will be great to see all again ... and don't forget to bring our grandkids with you when you come ...

     
  • At Thu Jun 28, 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Paul Fagala said…

    We'll be at Jenkins Park! We're looking forward to seeing you!

     
  • At Fri Jun 29, 08:36:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Pinky Promises are holy vows. Aren't they?

     
  • At Fri Jun 29, 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there! You don't know me but I came across your blog while I was doing a search for Mother's Day Out programs. It looks like we have a lot in common. I was born in Artesia, NM but grew up mostly in TX. I was raised in the Church of Christ. I moved to Bryant nearly a year ago from McKinney, TX. My parents and sisters still live in the Dallas area. We visited Little Rock Church once when first moved here. I too was counting down the days until the new Target opened. I have a 3 yr. old son and a 12 yr. old daughter. We go to the Bryant library every week. There is more if you want to email me at webmasterangie@yahoo.com. Oh and I promise I'm not some stalker or weirdo!

     
  • At Fri Jun 29, 03:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know Dave Ramsey often uses the phrase "pinky-swear and spit-shake" on his radio program. :-)

     
  • At Sat Jun 30, 05:21:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Wow Angie: the same part of N.M., displaced Texan, moved to Bryant a year ago, CoC connections, Target fanatic -- are you sure we aren't the same person??

    There's another Bryant resident I've never met named Lisa who reads my blog. We all need to meet up at Larry's some time!

     
  • At Sun Jul 01, 06:08:00 PM, Blogger Nellie said…

    Looking forward to seeing you at Jenkins Park!

     
  • At Mon Jul 02, 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    I love Jenkins on the 4th! Is it bad to admit that it's one of my favorite church activities all year? Anyway, this year will be even more special because the Nalls will make an appearance. Oh and yes, do bring the kids & a lawn chair. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home