Deanaland

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Even more fast food fun!

Today my mom, the girls and I stopped at Sonic on the way home from Jenna's school. I ordered what everyone wanted: cheese sticks for Julia, tots for Jenna and me and an ice cream cone for my mom.

When the Sonic girl showed up with our order, she had a bag with the cheese sticks and tots, and an ice cream cone WITH NO ICE CREAM IN IT. She said, "You wanted just a cone, right?" I said no, that I had ordered an ice cream cone -- meaning with the ice cream in the cone. She looked kind of embarrassed and I was trying really hard not to laugh because I didn't want her to think I was laughing at her. Then I looked over at my mom, who was trying to laugh silently and, as a result, was convulsing and turning blue. The Sonic girl brought the cone back with ice cream in it and all was well. We've been laughing about it ever since, though.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At Thu Jul 12, 05:28:00 PM, Blogger judy thomas said…

    Well, you do live in Arkansas. Judy Thomas

     
  • At Thu Jul 12, 06:20:00 PM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    That is hilarious! Are you sure it wasn't Paris or Nicole taping an episode of "The Simple Life"?!?

     
  • At Thu Jul 12, 06:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My husband once ordered a hamburger, "Plain" meaning without dressings and veggies. He got two buns with no meat!! Some people don't even deserve minimun wage!
    Carrie

     
  • At Thu Jul 12, 08:36:00 PM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    Huh? That just hurts to read.

    On the positive side, it would be a great illustration for talking to the youth group about letter of the law vs. spirit of the law...

     
  • At Thu Jul 12, 10:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Sonic, but they are really good at getting orders wrong. I order chilli cheese tator tots, and half the time, just get cheese tator tots. They either leave something off, or sometimes i even get something extra, like an extra order of fries or tots that i didn't order. It's crazy, and i can expect to happen just about everytime i order there.

     
  • At Fri Jul 13, 06:53:00 AM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    That's funny. Must be an Arkansas thing. My Texas Sonic has never done anything like that with my order. If anything, they bring extra calories!

     
  • At Fri Jul 13, 08:58:00 AM, Blogger Winston said…

    Possibly that Sonic Girl was just working you for a nice tip. You know, playing on your sympathy. She was hoping you and Mom would think, "Oh, that poor girl ... let's give her a fat tip ... she needs all the help she can get ..."

     
  • At Fri Jul 13, 01:00:00 PM, Blogger KentF said…

    Sonic has a diet Cherry Banana Coconut Smoothie, but I was not aware they had an ice cream cone.

     
  • At Fri Jul 13, 04:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that is too funny. I laughed out loud.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home