Deanaland

Friday, January 05, 2007

Giraffe panties


Today I bought panties for a giraffe. This is such a rare occasion that I would like to say it over and over. You probably don't get to say these words together very often either, so please join in:

Giraffe panties.
Giraffe panties.
Giraffe panties.


Julia and I dropped Jenna off at my mom's school and went to do "big girl shopping," which included a stop at Build-a-Bear for an early birthday present. Julia has been wanting the giraffe for a while now, especially since proceeds from the sale benefit the World Wildlife Fund. She named the giraffe "Savannah" and picked out a fashionable ensemble for it, including a shirt, jeans and -- of course -- panties. Heaven forbid this giraffe get in a car accident and not be wearing proper undergarments. Savannah also has a cell phone.

We also went to Barnes & Noble three times today. We just sort of kept winding up there. I got a magazine that has two of my articles in it ("Success from Home" magazine -- with the business magazines -- the "EcoQuest" issue).

I believe I'm emotionally stable enough to blog about our Baytown trip yesterday. First, on the way to Julia's old school, we drove past our old house. The weather was pretty yucky yesterday, so don't think our house always looked this gloomy. See the really long driveway? Julia and her friends used to cover it with sidewalk chalk. It was also great for bicycle and scooter rides without having to get out in the street.

This was my friend Jennifer's house. Her husband and two girls still live there. In fact, I talked to Tommy yesterday. Jennifer planted the rosebush by the mailbox before she died of cancer in 2004.


Go, Travis Tigers! And update your sign!

The girls are wreaking havoc on my parents' living room, so I'll finish the day later.

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Jan 05, 07:51:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    I take it that the giraffe is female ...

     
  • At Sun Jan 07, 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Beverly said…

    nostalgic my friend?...memories are sweet, memories are bittersweet..

     
  • At Wed Jan 10, 06:11:00 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    (((Deana))) It's hard to go back, isn't it?

    Tehehe .. . we have that same giraffe. Alaina's insane for giraffes and we got it last March. It's name . . .Giraff-ie. Real original, huh? Haven't bought her panties, but she has a pink scuba diving outfit.

     
  • At Tue Oct 23, 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Wade said…

    It worked! I googled 'giraffe panties' and I found your blog!

    The only thing more random than that is the website Google just below yours that was about 'giraffe thong panties'. Seeing how I am on my work computer at the moment I probably won't click on that link or else I could be summoned to our IT office!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home