Deanaland

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Does this popcorn taste like pears?


We finally watched "Brokeback Mountain" last night. Well, half of it. We started it pretty late and ended up having to go to bed. I woke up this morning and asked Chad if we had really seen the girl from "Princess Diaries" topless. He confirmed that we had. I found that more disturbing than anything else. I'd really like to see how the movie ends, though.

Tomorrow we are leaving for Kadesh. I love Kadesh -- I think because it is youth ministry in one of its rawest forms. You don't spend months getting to know these kids, you don't take them to play Laser Tag or to ride go-karts. You just get right into the Word and right into their hearts. It's a very intense week that I look forward to every year.

Little Rock news: We have a place to live now! We are going to live in this very cute (and very little) townhome for a year or so. We were on a waiting list and our names came up yesterday. Julia is elated because she's always wanted to live in a two-story house.

Anyway, I probably won't update this until after Kadesh, so have a good week!

8 Comments:

  • At Sat Jul 08, 08:55:00 AM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    I am disturbed just hearing that the "princess diaries" girl was topless. I haven't seen "Brokeback Mountain". Don't want to either.
    Hey it is just great that you found a place to live. A townhome for a year sounds like a good plan. That'll give you a chance to look around Little Rock for other places that are more your fit. Happy for you both.

     
  • At Sat Jul 08, 09:10:00 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    No desire to see "Brokeback Mountain". Just the name bothers me.
    Townhouse looks similar to one we lived in in Charlotte. Nice to have some time to look around and see what's available without feeling rushed. Enjoy your new adventure. We will be praying for the success of your ministry along with the new adventure....

     
  • At Sat Jul 08, 09:14:00 AM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    I'm glad you will have a new home in Little Rock. I'm sure that's a relief!

     
  • At Sun Jul 09, 04:58:00 PM, Blogger jettybetty said…

    Kadesh is the thing that impacted all our kids the most spiritually as teens--I am so thankful for Kadesh!

    What a cute townhouse! Glad you have a place to live!

     
  • At Mon Jul 10, 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    I loved Kadesh when I was a teen. I hope you have a great time.

    Congrats on the townhouse--it looks great!

    As for Brokeback...you've already seen the worst of it...might as well finish it! I actually thought that it was well-written and that the actors did an incredible job. I have to agree, though, that one of the most disturbing scenes was seeing Anne Hathaway with her top off. How could the Princess of Genovia stoop so low??

     
  • At Tue Jul 11, 09:06:00 PM, Blogger David Michael said…

    My daughter, Melissa, is a counselor at Kadesh. July 12 is her birthday!

     
  • At Wed Jul 12, 07:53:00 AM, Blogger mom23 said…

    Have a great time at Kadesh!

    I love the townhome! And I'm so glad Julia is excited about it!

    I'm also anticipating a rant or 2 from you about those stairs and carrying laundry and and down them. Good thing you are done making babies and don't have to go up and down them pregnant!

     
  • At Sat Jul 15, 08:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Praise God... When we had a 2-story townhome, the laundry was upstairs between the bedrooms. Could you be so lucky?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home